Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RENO MINI-MEET? (Maybe Sacramento, too)

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman
    Cool, let's see how the week turns out and maybe we can meet.
    Was it you that was going to that parts yard in Sac. no too long ago?
    Sounds good. Nope wasnt me.

Was it you that was going to that parts yard in Sac. no too long ago?
    Nope, that was me. It didn't really turn out to be a parts yard so to speak. They actually won't even let you in there. You can call and see if they had what you want, but don't rely on the pictures from their website, the guy I talked to said they only had like one VX and literally the only thing remaining was drivetrain. I still need to pick up the intake manifiold that I went down for in the first place.

Hey guys, it looks like I'll be headed up to S. Tahoe this weekend, is that close enough for any of you?
    I'll probably be getting in friday afternoon and leaving for Sacramento monday morning.
    ?
    I am available for Tahoe or Sac. My wife wants to take the kids to the snow anyway...
    1999 Lotus VX Ironman Edition
    It's fun to rebadge...

OK,
    so We've had NO wireless service until this morning, and it's pretty unstable as it is.
    Is anyone able for a quick meet still today? We're still in S. Tahoe and will probably stick around for the day because traffic is STOPPED on the 50 back to Sac.
    The laptop is about 3 minutes away from dead right now so I'll have to charge it and check back a little later.
    If anyone's comfortable PMing their phone number we could arrange a little easier.
    Also, nyone know if traffic should be bad going to Reno?

OK,
    so We've had NO wireless service until this morning, and it's pretty unstable as it is.
    Is anyone able for a quick meet still today? We're still in S. Tahoe and will probably stick around for the day because traffic is STOPPED on the 50 back to Sac.
    The laptop is about 3 minutes away from dead right now so I'll have to charge it and check back a little later.
    If anyone's comfortable PMing their phone number we could arrange a little easier.

I cant make it, working, VX alignment, then taking the wife to dinner for our 2 yr wedding anniversary. Sorry.

I'll be in Reno tonight, but I can't make the drive down to S. Tahoe. But if you end up in Reno, gimme a call.

Bart

OK,

On second thought...

So I went out to start up the VX a while ago, to go grab some brunch and possibly head up to Reno...
    and the battery was dead!
    Had to wait for my buddy to get back and jump it, and it wouldn't stay running with my foot off the gas. (We hadn't driven it since we got in Friday night)
    Panicked for about a half hour, then tried it again. It stayed alive, but was very weak. Drove it around the parking lot for a bit, left it running for a good 45 minutes, shut it off, restarted it okay.
    Took it to a Midas just down the street and they ran a (free) check on the battery. While doing so, my gf discovered that she "quite possibly" left the map light on the rear view on when we parked. Test showed the battery was fine.
    Needless to say, we just jumped in and headed to Sacramento, just got here. I'm going to check it again in a couple of hours but I'm sure that it was the light that drained it and nothing too serious.
    As for a meet-up...next time, huh?