Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My windows dont like me.

Arrow My windows wont go down

OK I know I can do a search but kinda straped for time sorry guy you can kill me later. Anyways so my windows have thier good and bad days. Some days they go up and down fine and somedays they go up REEEEEAAALY slow. But its not always contant. Well I get in Vx this morning and wow what do you know its shorts and a tank top weather outside. Anyways windows wouldnt roll down. I mean not @ all. OK so I look @ fuse and well its a big black fuse with I am guessing a light. I prefer not to take door apart but if have to will. Anyways is that light suppose to be on or off. Also is only way to know if fuse is bas is replace or volt ohm meter? Lastly if needs replace I take i autozone or something will have. Its not a normal fuse actually never seen one well I guess because not very mechanically inclined but gotta learn sometimes..

Ok sorry for novel. I guess I can blame dean koontz for being my father. Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by Dumke : 04/23/2007 at 07:22 PM Reason: updating title to actual problem for easy search function
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

DO...use the search function !

DONT...EVER make me envision you in shorts & tank top again !!!
    Last edited by Ldub : 12/12/2006 at 08:34 AM

So, um, is Dean Koontz really your father? Because if so, I've given your family a ton of money. I love his books!

So are you saying BOTH windows won't go down? If so, I would say its just a fuse and not the dreaded broken tab inside the window, but what do I know.

And yeah, is Dean really your father?

Bart

Well now I have time. everytime I tried to do a search yesterday pc crashed. maybe its my luck. Well I well by autozone course they didnt have the ckt breaker for my windows. So I had them check it while I was there and checked out ok. Guy uggested ground wire maybe loose on driver side door. said drivers side door controls both drivers side and passager. Well was dark and coudl barely see so will be looking into it tomorrow. Now what I am looking for I have no idea but one way to find out LOL. Has to be a common problem as both windows were doing it. They make a clicking nose just dont budge. Anwyas will do more searching tonight on forums and more poking during day. I will try and keep udpated if I find anything new or something that hasnt been found in forums. That or I just havent found yet.

Oh and btw no Dean Koontz isnt my father but wouldnt that be something if he was. I just say that when I or friend types a long email. Its liek "ok dean koontz" LOL anyways thanks for that laugh. Also kinda hard to be a koontz with last name Dumke... U know what my mom did say I was adopted.. hmm

O and ldub dont worry you actually wont catch me in a tank top and shorts. Was a figure of speech. Ya scary one but figure of speech none the less..

LOL sorry that dean koontz thing still cracking me up.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke52
    O and ldub dont worry you actually wont catch me in a tank top and shorts. Was a figure of speech. Ya scary one but figure of speech none the less..
    PHEW...that's a reliefe

There are several threads dealing with these issues, hope you found one with the instructions/ pics of inner door panel removal, etc.
    It's not too dificult & having some 4 mil poly (construction site plastic) & duct tape on hand to make a new vapor barrier is good thing.
    I tried to be careful when removing mine & ended up with some plastic that I could still use for a pattern.

a blow dryer is your friend when removing the vapor barrier

Smile slow windows

Try buying the can of spray silicone from Pep Boys, forgot the name, and spray tracks of each window when windows are down. Try this first before taking the door apart and spending a LOT of money and time.
    I had same window problem 6 months ago and it did wonders to my VX till this day. I got the suggestion from someone on this site.

That is the thing my windows do no roll down nore roll down. I undesratd the whole window failure thing and understand it comming off track but its not that I saw when rolling up it just went up and down slow. Now it just clicks and it will not roll down @ all either window. From drivers side or passangers side. I could take window apart and oil it but I dont see how reoiling/grease or whatever u wanna call it. I dont see how that will fix the roll down issue and it comming off track I guess would have to open door and find out. I have searhed boards and only see where people had problems with it not rolling up and them having to help roll it up. Well bloomin thing wont roll down but I will search for the thread to take door apart and go from there.

Update:

SoI am trying to get my windows working for Moab and I actually sat down to isolate the problem.

Motor on driver side works. I checked this by hooking 12 volts to window and watched it go all the way up and all the way down with ease.

20a fuse works as well as I checked for connectivity.

Some reason my windows are not getting power. Is there another fuse or another motor somewhere. Or is there a main motor other than the ones in the doors and yes besides the main one that makes my wheels spin

Or can someone else guide me to something else. its not a window binding issue as I placed 12 volts and window went up and window went down. Its a common problem because nieth window will roll down wether I use driver side or passnger side switch to try and do it.

O MY

did the cable jack come unplugged from your door console?

no its not unpluged have plugged and unpluged sevral times. its clicking when u press button just not going down. I dont want to have to pay big bucks for mechanic to fix but may have to if want to goto moab.

Keep suggestions and help comming

Fixed

*pc screwed up double post

Fixed

Well after trouble shooting wight a buddy of mine. Ok well he was troubleshooting I was watching. Apparently the autopage system that was in my truck when I got it. The wires were shorting out windows somewhere. So we cut out autopage system and now all is gtg. Guess over time happened all of a sudden but fixed now.

*On a side note man what a dandy they did. A big cluster !@#$ of wires. Looks like this will be my next job when get back from moab.