Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to the VX Board

Hey Climbcovey,

After doing some online "research", I've come to the conclusion that his reasons for leaving have NOTHING to do with people 'not going to meets'.

Heck, I'VE gone to meets, and I'm way the heck up in the NW corner of the country!

There's something underhanded going on with this guy. I'm not really sure why he felt he needed to leave with a parting shot to the forum. It only drew negative attention his way, it seems.

not like my 2 cents is needed one way or another, but....

IMO there didn't seem to be any apathy from individuals wanting the models this guy was selling was there? or the ones that still haven't received them or a refund or an explanation?
    speaking of being apathetic...

but, to each his own

I love this forum

I've since sold my VX to better position myself to buy a house, but I STILL come back to this site at least 3 times a week to see whats going on!

When I had the VX for sale, I received numerous calls about it, and each time I referred the prospective buyer to this website to learn all he/she could about the VX! I knew that person could make an informed decision about buying a VX just by visiting and searching through this forum.

I'll own another VX one day, but in the meantime i'll be hanging out seeing whats going on with everyone!

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by climbcovey
    AS for member "rarley showing up at meets" Some of us work multiple jobs, have families and priorities in our lives. This does not mean we are apathetic or don't LOVE our VX's. Maybe its just that some of us do'nt get much time off, and if we Don't show up at work to go to a meet....
    I wish I could take time off for a meet that is 1,500 miles from home. Moab is not the only place to test your four wheelin'. But it does seem to be the only meets that are on the board. Work and family DO take priority to playing in the outback, where metal often gets broken. Adding even more cost to a very expensive trip. Thanks for all the great action shots, if I get a chance to post something worthy in the 'extream' action gallery, I'll be happy to be among them.

I love my VX and am currently trying to buy another one. I dissagree alot with things that are said here and maybe read too much into things but I still enjoy being apart of it all.

Clint

John who?? what?? ...oh..ciao...Brown bear, Black bear, White bear, Extinct bear... see ya round bear....aaaaa, go eat a friggin berry, bear........
    Last edited by Chopper : 12/13/2006 at 05:54 PM Reason: addition

oh yeah, and see ya later.

Dont know you but it doesnt sound like youll be missed

hmm...

those who don't realize whats going on need to see the thread pertaining to the RC vehicross toys.

Bear, all I can say to you is what goes around comes around and Karma's a B*&%H.

You better give it some serious thought before you ditch on this forum leaving that many people pissed off about being stiffed.

the nerve. wow.
    macintosh man

OK, coming from a "newbie" to this site, I'd like to add my 2 cents. I've been a member of the Triumph Club, Fiero Club, Allante Club, Alfa Romeo Club, Quattro (now Audi) Club and the BMW Club. Some of those clubs were much more active than others. However, I disagree that this club has apathy towards events or is just not worth joining. Especially when you consider that this is all geared towards just one model and not a whole marque. Yea, the Fiero and Allante clubs were also geared towards only one model, but gee whiz, there are a WHOLE lot more of those cars running around than VX's. I mean, consider a little over 4k sold in the US, what, maybe 500 are dead or no longer running, so for a club with only 3500 POSSIBLE members, I think we do really well. Yes, with me being in SC I don't envision ever driving across country just to be in an event, but I know I can count on this site with advice when a problem or question comes up. That in and of itself it worth it to me.

24+ reply posts in 14 hours from dedicated VXers? Sweet.

For those of you who believe that sometimes good comes from bad, I believe "Bringdown Bear" has brought me closer to the group.....at least that's how I feel. Don't attack my family, you arrogant a$$pickle.

Bim

Smile Good Bye

I thoroughly enjoy reading your guys' messages to each other, the helpful hints & offers to drive to each other's cities to give help & support, and the priceless information this website offers. I love my VX, and I wish & hope to someday join the group of loyal 4-wheelers on a trek cross-country. But, I too have family obligations at this time that take priority over playing with friends. I don't know why this guy went off, but nobody here deserves to ridiculed for not being totally into their cars, trucks or suv's. Most of us view our VX's as a fun mode of daily transportation and enjoy being unique in our communities. Thanks to everyone here whoposts and offers priceless information. So far, it's been a great 11 months of VX ownership and I'm looking forward to many years.

Paul

I meant Good Bye to "the bear", not to everyone else.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimati
    24+ reply posts in 14 hours from dedicated VXers? Sweet.Bim
    Apathy,... bordering on passion..... What a sad bunch we are.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    wow this is really impressive how many posts came on this one thread so fast...the only ones i see go faster are the ones that say "free stuff" haha

Charlie Wenzel?

thebear54 = Charlie Wenzel?
    don't hate