Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to the VX Board

Quote Originally Posted by kobie
    thebear54 = Charlie Wenzel?
    Kobie beat me to the punch. Good thing he wasn't hanging out at Pirate 4x4...
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by thebear54
    , is that there is way too much apathy and lack of enthusiasm for the VehiCROSS and the board. When there is a meet scheduled very few members actually show up to participate.

Goodbye and good luck

John
    I know some VehiCROSS owners arenot interested in joining our little online family. Some have no interest in risking "trail-trophies" by taking thier beloved VXes off-roading. Many members miss out on meets (local and/or national) due to things like work, family, finances, illness, etc. However, I have NEVER met a more diverse group of people that were so crazed about a vehicle. Many are members of multiple forums (4x4wire, mwior, pirate4x4), and are always willing to share knowledge, opinion, humor, and help... "apathy and lack of enthusiasm"? I don't think so!

I was a member of a Fiero group, and went to a few rallies, cruise nights, and dinners... I never hung out with any of them outside club events, and I never truly became friends with anyone from that group.

I have some great friends that I met simply because we shared a passion for the ISUZU VehiCROSS. I have driven thousands of miles to hang out with some. I've taken off work to hang out with others that happened to be in town. Some are local. Some live very far away. Some no longer own a VehiCROSS (or never did... can't leave out all my non-VX 'Zoids), but that does not make them any less a friend. I'm glad to have each and every one in my life... even the ones I have not met yet!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

I am not even sure what is proved by posting that, except to make an subtle, but visibly offensive remark towards the site and the participants. Heck, if you wanna go, just go.... no need to take a pot shot at everyone on your way out.

And sorry you feel that way. I am on my 2nd VX and for the past 5 years I have always been appreciative and enthusiastic about the VX. It sounds like your resentment of the community stems from YOUR lack of these things in the VX?

You wanna see some horrid boards, go spend some time at NASIOC.com (Subaru site). The people there will make you want to take your life.

Good luck to you and your VX out there in the lonely world....
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by Bimati
    24+ reply posts in 14 hours from dedicated VXers?
    If that isn't a clear rebuttal to his claims of apathy and a lack of enthusiasm, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimati
    Don't attack my family, you arrogant a$$pickle.
    LMFAO! I love the loyalty, but I don't even want to think about what the heck an a$$pickle is!!!

I don't know this guy, nor have I followed the RC Car thread, but he's obviously no longer interested in being a productive member of the group, so... don't let the door hit you in the a$$pickle on your way out!
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kpaske
    LMFAO! I love the loyalty, but I don't even want to think about what the heck an a$$pickle is!!!

so... don't let the door hit you in the a$$pickle on your way out!
    LOL Kyle, that was my thought...A$$pickle ???...WTF ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    LOL Kyle, that was my thought...A$$pickle ???...WTF ?
    You gotta love colorful metaphors... Or did he mean a$$pickle literally?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

In defense of 'thebear'......

I purchased headlight covers and tail light covers from him....

...he sent them quickly , and was a pleasure to deal with.

I hope thats "passionate and enthusiastic" for you bear....

Heck ...I'd say more....but I'm being overcome by a raging dose of pococurantism !

jo

Talking Pochahont-what?

I went and did it...

...so you don't have to!!!!
    ----------------------------------------

2 results for: pococurantism

po·co·cu·ran·te [poh-koh-koo-ran-tee, -rahn-, -kyoo-; It. paw-kaw-koo-rahn-te] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -ti [-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective
    –noun
    1. a careless or indifferent person.
    –adjective
    2. caring little; indifferent; nonchalant.
    [Origin: 1755–65; < It: lit., caring little. See [poh-koh-koo-ran-tiz-uhm, -rahn-, -kyoo-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, po·co·cu·ran·te·ism, noun

Big words

I can't even say that word!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

lack of involvement doesn't = lack of passion for VX

Heck,

I look at the new posts almost EVERY day. But, having been here for far too long with VERY little posting... doesn't mean I have a lack of passion. I am not sure what Bear expects. You guys have always been great... and one of the BIG reasons I usually don't have to post is that someone has already figured out what is going on and all I had to do was use the search.

Great site. Great VX owners. This is one of the reasons the VX continues to be a passion - this great community. Thanks to you all!

Jay

Jay's right...you don't have to post in order to enjoy the wealth of information already online here. I lurked for a couple of years after I sold my '99 Ironman (RIP), simply because I missed my VX! I've become active again because of my recent '99 Ebony VX purchase.

Some of my posts rehash old information, but only because I need to find out if there's been any NEW information!

I wish there was a way to track the actual usage of this forum...not just how many posts are made by a few regulars, but how many people actually read the new AND old threads.

I've done searches on almost all types of topics: mechanical, tech specs, tires-n-wheels, audio, repair, detailing, etc...all the way back to the beginning of this forum!

How many of you guys are old-timers from the days of club.vmag.com? I miss that forum! I can remember when we "switched" over here. Look how much this forum has grown! And look how much nicer it is!

To the mods: wonderful job. I hope we can all stick around for years.

Apathy....yes! Crying About It....hell No.
    I Have On This Board For A Lot Of Years, Helped Out Tons Of Vx People And Posted More Than My Share Of Information.

Being The Only Forum Member In The Whole State Has It's Drawbacks...but I, One More Than Three Occassions, Have Travelled 4 + Hours To Attend Vx Meets.each Event Brought Out Fewer And Fewer Members,so I Stopped Going.
    I Even Set Up My Own Website Just Around The Vx....dumped That After A Year And A Half Due To Lack Of Participation.

I Still Own My Ironman Which I Am Keeping (probably Get Buried In It) But I'll Just Do My Own Thing

John

Yeah Bye! See you later for sure

I agree with Jay.

Well as for me. I have 4698 new post to read since my last visit.
    The truth is that no matter how you want to leave this place, you're always going to be back sooner or later! You can't escape the Vehicross mojo.

I kind miss you guys. I'm glad to see that Anita and Greg are still around.

Michael

I smell a cry baby......