Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Goodbye to the VX Board

Go go bye bye

Well,since i've become a VX owner i really,and i mean it, i do really enjoy to be part of this exclusive family.
    But since the world is the world it's impossible to please every body,it's sad to know that one of us left because he believes that our home isn't worth to be part of.

I live in NYC & very aware that here's many VXers around,i don't know if a NYC VX meet have being ever done,but i sent PM's to almost all the NY VXers to figured out if that could be possible to have it done & none never respond to me since then.....I give up.

But i never thought isn't worth to be part of the gang

Tomorrow is another day....to live for

Quote Originally Posted by climbcovey View Post
    Hey all!
    Sorry I have been gone so long. Unfortunately Because of the poor design of childrens car seats, I had to part with my VX. My daugter was born on Feb. 1st. I had to purchase a larger vehicle for my primary vehicle. I was made a trade in offer that I couldn't refuse. I ended up with a 2006 Ford F150 super crew 4x4. The deal was so good that my wife let me buy a replacement Toy, While its no VX it is definatley off road ready. I now have a 94 jeep wrangler fully set up for wheelin (air lockers, lift, dana 40, winch etc). So I still will be attending VX off road meets. Maybe down the road I'll get another one. Anyway, I have extra parts laying around the garage such as Manuals, roof mounted bike racks for VX, 18 OEM alloy rims, Roof rack mounting bracket covers, maybe more. let me know if interested, and keep i touch, I am still part of the VX family and always will be! By the way I'll be renewing my membership as soon as I find my credit card. Also, If anyone finds out where my VX ends up let me know, I traded it in in Indianapolis, IN. Also, sorry about highjacking this thread! See ya! Chris
    What kind of shape are the rims in? I need some, as a couple of mine are flaking...
    James
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Well,since i've become a VX owner i really,and i mean it, i do really enjoy to be part of this exclusive family.
    But since the world is the world it's impossible to please every body,it's sad to know that one of us left because he believes that our home isn't worth to be part of.

I live in NYC & very aware that here's many VXers around,i don't know if a NYC VX meet have being ever done,but i sent PM's to almost all the NY VXers to figured out if that could be possible to have it done & none never respond to me since then.....I give up.

But i never thought isn't worth to be part of the gang

Tomorrow is another day....to live for
    I forget to look at the little box, and have had PM's sit unread for days...plus a lot of guys only check in every so often.

Hey Climbcovey, PM sent on roof rack bike carriers. Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Bear is entitled to his opinion. I've been a member/owner for almost a year now & haven't been to any meets ... yet.

DC/VA/MD owners - we're getting together near Luray, VA in April. We're getting together again in August near Fredericksburg, VA (Lake Anna).

VA/NC/SC owners - I'll prolly be near Raleigh this summer to visit bro & will be boating at Satterwhite Point. I'll put it on the calendar when I get it planned.

TN/AL/GA owners - I have family down there so if you plan something - chances are good that I'll make it. (Make it at Watauga & I'll be there for sure).

PA/NJ/NY owners - I have family near Philly so plan something near there & chances are good that I'll make it. A meet at Gettysburg would be cool.

Almost forgot - CSTYLES wants to go wheeling on the beach at Assatique too but that'll prolly be next year since he's organizing the Luray trip.

Apathy ... PHHHT. It just takes someone to take the lead. Threats have an effect too - if WormGod doesn't make either Luray or F'burg then I'll start believing Bear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Apathy ... PHHHT. It just takes someone to take the lead. Threats have an effect too - if WormGod doesn't make either Luray or F'burg then I'll start believing Bear
    Aw man, I gave up on you all a LONG time ago. So, believe Bear.

I am probably out of any lineup this year as it is. Work is in hi-gear so I have little to no time even to get home and wash the boys. My weekends look much like my weekdays.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

"I am probably out of any lineup this year as it is. Work is in hi-gear so I have little to no time even to get home and wash the boys. My weekends look much like my weekdays."

Gary,

I can relate. I just wanted to pick on someone & you were just convenient.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    I have little to no time even to get home and wash the boys.
    LOL, I hope you're talking about your VX and WRX!

But seriously, I think it just depends on where you are. We Reno VXers have become pretty regular. We hang out as often as we can it seems. Its just too bad some of the other locals here don't join in.

I can't wait for Mammoth Lakes!!!

Bart

Us EastCoasters are trying to catch up with y'all out in the desert. Just give us time.

Maybe we'll eventually find the world's biggest mudhole to contend with your slick rock paradise.

The VX board is not a club you can join or resign from. It's a brotherhood/sisterhood of individuals with an interest in learning more about their performance utility vehicles, that's all. I think "thebear" (who I met once briefly and was most cordial) was looking to make this VX thing into something more organized or formal like Porsche Club of America or the Cadillac LaSalle Club. These institutions are supported by imposed dues and their respective manufacturers financial contribution, and accordingly they generate more structured actvities. VX Forum does not pretend to offer such a contrived experience. Instead, VX Forum offers true enthusiasm and vehicle knowlege support based on genuine interest, at no imposed cost to its users. It runs purely on love for a historically misunderstood vehicle, and that's its greatest attribute and a strong tribute to those who freely choose to visit the site. For whatever that's worth....

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    The VX board is not a club you can join or resign from. It's a brotherhood/sisterhood of individuals with an interest in learning more about their performance utility vehicles, that's all. I think "thebear" (who I met once briefly and was most cordial) was looking to make this VX thing into something more organized or formal like Porsche Club of America or the Cadillac LaSalle Club. These institutions are supported by imposed dues and their respective manufacturers financial contribution, and accordingly they generate more structured actvities. VX Forum does not pretend to offer such a contrived experience. Instead, VX Forum offers true enthusiasm and vehicle knowlege support based on genuine interest, at no imposed cost to its users. It runs purely on love for a historically misunderstood vehicle, and that's its greatest attribute and a strong tribute to those who freely choose to visit the site. For whatever that's worth....
    Well said, and I'll add that, I hope we never become "structured, orgamuhnized OR formal".
    I think the last organized club I belonged to was the cub scouts & I found that experience to be too structured. I guess I'm just not the uniform type.
    And I HATE having to be somewhere at a certain time & place for any reason, except for going to work...or Moab.
    So I guess there will be no bowling leagues, softball teams, organized religion, or book of the month clubs in my future...what a relief.

So I guess there will be no bowling leagues, softball teams, organized religion, or book of the month clubs in my future...what a relief.[/QUOTE]
    WHAT!! You quittin' the Red Hat Ladies?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    So I guess there will be no bowling leagues, softball teams, organized religion, or book of the month clubs in my future...what a relief.
    WHAT!! You quittin' the Red Hat Ladies?[/QUOTE]

Yep...three months ago.

And no more line dancing neither.

one member leaving will always be replaced by a new member joining. i'm very social and a huge car enthusiast! i've been very pleased with the forum so far!

sorry that his stay here wasn't what he hoped it would be. all i can say is "thank you" for being such a great group of enthusiasts! i hope to be here a long time!