Thread: Goodbye to the VX Board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    I have little to no time even to get home and wash the boys.
    LOL, I hope you're talking about your VX and WRX!

But seriously, I think it just depends on where you are. We Reno VXers have become pretty regular. We hang out as often as we can it seems. Its just too bad some of the other locals here don't join in.

I can't wait for Mammoth Lakes!!!

Bart

Us EastCoasters are trying to catch up with y'all out in the desert. Just give us time.

Maybe we'll eventually find the world's biggest mudhole to contend with your slick rock paradise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

The VX board is not a club you can join or resign from. It's a brotherhood/sisterhood of individuals with an interest in learning more about their performance utility vehicles, that's all. I think "thebear" (who I met once briefly and was most cordial) was looking to make this VX thing into something more organized or formal like Porsche Club of America or the Cadillac LaSalle Club. These institutions are supported by imposed dues and their respective manufacturers financial contribution, and accordingly they generate more structured actvities. VX Forum does not pretend to offer such a contrived experience. Instead, VX Forum offers true enthusiasm and vehicle knowlege support based on genuine interest, at no imposed cost to its users. It runs purely on love for a historically misunderstood vehicle, and that's its greatest attribute and a strong tribute to those who freely choose to visit the site. For whatever that's worth....

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    The VX board is not a club you can join or resign from. It's a brotherhood/sisterhood of individuals with an interest in learning more about their performance utility vehicles, that's all. I think "thebear" (who I met once briefly and was most cordial) was looking to make this VX thing into something more organized or formal like Porsche Club of America or the Cadillac LaSalle Club. These institutions are supported by imposed dues and their respective manufacturers financial contribution, and accordingly they generate more structured actvities. VX Forum does not pretend to offer such a contrived experience. Instead, VX Forum offers true enthusiasm and vehicle knowlege support based on genuine interest, at no imposed cost to its users. It runs purely on love for a historically misunderstood vehicle, and that's its greatest attribute and a strong tribute to those who freely choose to visit the site. For whatever that's worth....
    Well said, and I'll add that, I hope we never become "structured, orgamuhnized OR formal".
    I think the last organized club I belonged to was the cub scouts & I found that experience to be too structured. I guess I'm just not the uniform type.
    And I HATE having to be somewhere at a certain time & place for any reason, except for going to work...or Moab.
    So I guess there will be no bowling leagues, softball teams, organized religion, or book of the month clubs in my future...what a relief.

So I guess there will be no bowling leagues, softball teams, organized religion, or book of the month clubs in my future...what a relief.[/QUOTE]
    WHAT!! You quittin' the Red Hat Ladies?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    So I guess there will be no bowling leagues, softball teams, organized religion, or book of the month clubs in my future...what a relief.
    WHAT!! You quittin' the Red Hat Ladies?[/QUOTE]

Yep...three months ago.

And no more line dancing neither.