Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Urgent

Urgent

Alright I have accomplished the T-Bar crank. I had to to fit my new 265/75-16's. The main problem is the tire rubbing the back front fender walls.? T-Bars were a pain at first but cake in the end. At first that nut was hard as H3ll to budge even after spraying PB on it. So I drove it around for about a day, to find the nuts extremly easy to turn.

But my problem is, well not really a problem, becuase I cant wait to do it. I got my 912's in the mail and need to get more instructions on the bj flip and spring installation. I know there is the Triath intructions which are great but I can not for any reason get the pictures to work along with them.

Question is; is there anyone out there with pics of the srping installation and bj flip to help me? I am a novice at all of this but learning quickly.

Please so I can conquer this task this weekend help me with

1.) All Tools needed
    2.) Instructions
    **3.) PICS to go with instructions....

Thanks

I lifted mine with the 912's and adjusted the torsion bars but didn't flip the ball joints. It aligned just fine so I am not sure you have to do it... preference? I wanted to flip them but the bolts would not come off so we would of had to cut the bj's off and I didn't have any new ones so I left them as is. The rear springs... you just have to jack the VX up really high to get them out (that's what we did anyway) - the 912's are the same length as the OEM springs so it's easy enough to put the new ones in. So really, all you need is the tool to turn the torsion bar bolts and a good jack I guess.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

What is the jack point in the back? Dumb question I bet, but I just want to make sure..

Also is it primarily a slip out, slide in new ones kind of procedure?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Also, the rear springs go in a lot easier if you remove the lower shock attachment.

Pay close attn. to the orientation of the stock springs as they come out...there is a top & a bottom.

Look at how the bottom spring mount engages the end of the coil.

Arrow

Jack up the rear (I'm assuming you have a floor jack, as opposed to a bottle jack) under the center of the axle as high as it'll go & put your jack stands under the frame just aft of the lower link attachment points.
    Release pressure from the jack, allowing the rear end to drop down a bit.
    Remove the lower shock mounts, then allow the axle to drop all the way.
    This ought to dis-engage the springs.

Good call Ldub - forgot about the shocks. I don't know if you'll like this method... but SPAZZ and I put the floor jack (with a big chunk of wood on the lifting arm) under the fuel tank. We actually lifted the rear end high enough to get the tires off the ground and pried out the stock springs - no jack stands. I was nervous but it did work. Looking back, I would have taken off the rear tires and placed the VX frame on tall jackstands like Ldub said. And keep an eye on the parking brake cable when jacking - you might have to un-bolt it from the control arm so you don't stretch or break it.

Arrow

You wanna tell the kid he needs a left hand monkey wrench ?, or should I.

I think you just did!

Left hand monkey wrench?

Also are there any pics of this BJ flip out there?

On a scale of 1-10 how hard is it to change the springs?

Don't forget to remove the rear sway bar or it will stop the rear axel from dropping enough to remove the springs.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385
    Left hand monkey wrench?
    Sorry JH, It's what most of us were sent after when we were first learning to turn a wrench...there is no such thing...but you probably knew that already & were good enough to humor me.

A basic socket set, the jack & stands & a long straight blade screw driver or a pry bar to help get the bottom shock mounts loose, should about do it.

I've probably forgot something, but most likely, someone else will post up if I did.

I wish I was not at work I have been looking at this springs for a day now.

Ok Iv got a killer jack. Some Michellin 3.5 ton jack up to 22''. My first jack maxed at 13'' which i did not read till it was out of the box and under the VX.

Alright I think I got all the tools for the rear-springs ....not too worried about that one.

BUT; I want to tackle the flipping of the bj tomorrow. What all do I need for this and how hard is it? I would really appriciate some pics of this task.

Also iv read about drop braket to lessen the stress on the cv's. Where can I get these? I can locate them on inde4x website. Any help.

Side note: God I have never put so much time and money into a car this quikcly ever. I cant seem to stop the urge for more, its great.

Ill post pics tomorrow I hope. Iv got the pro-comp 8089's on now and they look great.

Here is a LINKto the pics that should acompany my write up. Hopefully they will help!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Talking More info...

Here's plantisuzoo's Ball Joint Flip instructions too on flipping it.

http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles...p/Spacer_Howto

Also if you still need to get your head around it (I know I did when I first looked into it...)
    Here's the Upper arm with the Ball Joint removed:

And here it is with the ball joint flipped,

When putting it bak together, it takes some pressure to hold the a-arm in place to but the bolt back on. Use this brilliant idea from ldub to lever the arm in position- I wish I did it this way instead of having a freind stand on it...

Good luck!