Thread: Do people you know..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do people you know..

Do people you know like your VX. Most of the people I know don’t care for it. They don’t understand the obsession. My stepfather likes it and only one co-worker even thinks it is slightly cool. Other than that My wife and I stand alone, unless Bart is nearby.

Well just as some of the VX people don't understand my obsession for Jeeps, my Jeep people don't understand the VX either. Some auto enthusiasts I know respect the VX for what it is even if they don't appreciate the design. Most people I know have just accepted it's my ride and have nothing much too say. Except when they are with me they notice and comment how many people watch it go by.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Yeah one of the guys I work with is a HUGE jeep pervert, and Keeps trying to talk me into trading the VX in on a wrangler. Crazy fool, I would have both not one or the other.

i typically get good comments about my VX.. roommates girlfriend calls it 'that ugly thing' but when we all go out.. somehow i always get nominated to drive..
    but when i go to parties, where there are modified cars parked as far as the eye can see, i can usually expect someone to pick out the VX and be like hey what the is that thing..

people who have ridden in it also love riding in it now for the looks, my friend kristin annouces each and every one every time.. kind of annoying.. but definately makes me feel good about my vx

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

There is very little grey area between love & hate with the VX...
    I've had complete strangers come up to me & say :

"that's the UGLIEST car I've ever seen!"...or

(after following me for a mile or so)
    "DUDE, that's the coolest truck I've ever SEEN!...WHAT THE ____ IS it???"

And were talking young & old, M & F, rich & not so, most every demographic.

Most of my friends like it, even the ones that make snide remarks, only do so out of jealousy.

Wink

I think that the area I reside in (in and around Erie, PA) is anti-import....most people here don't notice it anymore than a Toyota Rav or Kia Sportage or Suzuki suv. Its hurts me to say that but it is the truth.

Whenever I travel to the Pittsburgh, PA area...all of a sudden I notice people staring and walking up to ask questions. I drove in downtown Pittsburgh and I felt like a rockstar in a limo...lol. Some guy walked up to me at Lowe's and wanted to talk forever about my VX..he knew it was an ISUZU even though I debadged it but didn't know anything else about it...and he was shocked it was a 2000!

Unfortunately, the people I work with and neighbors as well as citizens of the Erie area either don't notice the VX or actually dislike it. When I chit-chat at work about regular maintenance I'm doing I usually get remarks like "what...do you think you own a Ferrari or Lamborgini or something...sheesh!"

P.S.----Am I the only one that thinks Kia Sorentos are nice looking for a four-door?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

only ever got one negative comment; going into an ABC to get beer, and the drunk/panhandler at the door, proclaimed the visible cladding bolts f'ing ugly. When on the way out, he asked me for change, I proclaimed his bicycle as, too ugly to be ridden by anyone with a shred of self respect, and walked away... the barrage of profanity aimed at me and my vehicle making me grin. Screwing with the mentally challenged?... Priceless!

It's a love/hate thing with the VX. There is never a "it's not bad looking". Just "I hate it" or "I like it". It does however, get the thumbs up for it's powertrain, even from the haters.

With my friends, it's a weird mix. All of the guy slove it. My female friends.... I think maybe 1 or 2 like it. *shrug*
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT