View Poll Results: Have you ever slept in your VX?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 50.81%
  • No

54 43.55%
  • What do you mean? I LIVE in my VX!!! Doesn't everyone?

7 5.65%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Have you ever slept in your VX?

A few times... Once during my lunch hour. The GF was the one that wanted help folding the back seats.

Sleeping in the VX

Slept in mine after arriving at a military destination too late to check in...was not a bad nights sleep! Also slept in my VX after our campsite became a small lake during a family outing. Nice and dry...did not notice if it was uncomfortable.

I've removed my back seat. For my last trip to Moab (with the two dogs) I cut a memory-foam mattress pad to fit the back compartment. Comfy AND sound-deadening!

I'm a hair under 6' tall, so it wasn't a perfect fit, but as has been said: better than paying for a hotel for a few hours.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

When I head north to the upper peninsula of Michigan I usually just sleep in the passenger seat with iot reclined all the way back (rear seat is removed) without the steering wheel in the way it works fine and I can leave the window cracked for a little of that clean fresh air.

Life in the Bee

With two full time jobs I take short naps in my bee during lunch breaks and between my night and day job.. I actually have time between my day and night job for a shower and two hours in my bed.... And I have to throw in on the "sleeping" with my ex once and a friend a few times with the back seat down... It's not bad but I wouldn't mind my old Astro or the 4runner for activities like that
    also... As has been stated, I went camping and the back seat flat with my legs on the arm rest... Perfect
    Richard
    Proud owner of a RWD VX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It looks like an angry snake-bee!" she said

Sleep in the VX?.... being 6'-3" plus having a back full of hardware, I have enough trouble just getting in and out of it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I have kinda slept in mine.......its better than sleeping on the ground
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Arrow

I did sleep in my horse the very 1rst day of new year 'till 8:00 in the morning after roaming all NYC hitting any club/bar i found on my way.

My girlfriend was very kind to drop my favorite teddy bear ( TAZ ) inside with me & took few pics
    Dakar was just the begining.

i've spent a few drunken nights in my vx. it was better than driving drunk and probably destroying it and myself.

Driving back from Moab, I have.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

I got a BJ in it on the way to a concert... That's about as close as I've come to sleeping in it.

Great Thread Bart, Got alot of responses from members not usually heard from! I have a T-shirt from the "Street Vibrations" party in Reno that you mentioned in your post, although I wasn't ever there. As far as sleeping in the VX I have not, but I have slept in a Volkswagon GTi a few times.And since someone stole my camper this spring I might try to sleep in the VX if I go upstate/upnorth for a weekend, might be better than a tent anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Driving back from Moab, I have.
    Peace.
    Tom
    at the same time

anyone got pics of setting the back up to sleep in. Being a short guy I can lay down back there but I'd like to see if someone camped in a vx and has pics

well, i've only owned mine for about 5 or 6 weeks, so the answer is no. I really can't think of a reason, espeially in my area to have to sleep in my cars. The seats are rather comfy, but i'd be worried about all the tossing and turning in them.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3