Thread: Looking for Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking for Ideas

I am working on buying a 2001 Proton and am gonna need to buy tires for it soon.
    I was wondering what size, brand and even whether or not you are happy with that particular tire.

The ‘01 isn’t lifted yet and it looks like the only size for the 18 in rims is 265/65R18.

I am looking for an all season/all terrain tire. We currently have BFG AT’s on our ’99 and I like them, but im not sure if that size will fit.

Any info will help

thank you

Clint

Clint, a bunch of people seem to be happy with Nitto Terra Grapplers, and they look great!

Bim

I assume this size is a good fit for not being lifted 255/55R18

I was looking at Nitto online and they have a “Dune Grappler” but they come in 285/60R18

Pretty interesting looking tire though

CrnCnn,

I have the Nitto Terra Grapplers in a 285/60/R18 on my VX and I LOVE them. They really make the truck look mean without having to lift it. There is a little bit of trimming that needs to be done to the front cladding to allow them to fit, but the part you need to trim is a little triangle on the front cladding in front of the tires. I am ULTRA paranoid about my baby, and I was very reluctant to cut anything, but the piece is so small, and in a place that you NEVER see (unless you're under the truck). The tires, themselves, are quiet and stick well on the road in any condition (dry, rain, snow). Offroad they allow the VX to climb a wall. Great all around tire.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn
    I was looking at Nitto online and they have a “Dune Grappler” but they come in 285/60R18

Pretty interesting looking tire though
    I have my dunes on order and will have them on the Proton soon. I saw them on a Truck the other night at the Pepsi center when I saw the Nuggets play - looked pretty tough... (the tires).

Terra graps are dope tho. Next to mud graps, the terra graps are the toughest looking tire for the VX that I've seen thus far (IMHO).

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.