Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VX Calendar

VX Calendar

I was thinking this morning.. I'd love to have a VX calendar with some awesome VX shots in it... I figured lots of VXers would like one too, so I'm thinking of pillaging the gallery, stealing some photos and getting some 2007 calendars made... any takers? what kind of price would we pay for them? if theres enough intrest ill look into having some made, probably wont be ready by jan 1st.. but with any luck not too long after that

also votes for pics from the gallery to appear so i can contact the photographers and make sure its OK to use their pics

I would buy one. Just about any pics are good with me. I spend too much time as it is looking through the galleries here. So why not have some pics that help me keep track of time.

Clint

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Thumbs up

Ive been bouncing that one for a long time. It would be great to get pics of VX(''s) in front of famous landmarks worldwide and pics of the major meets weve had.

The resolution would have to be high and you'd need each photographer's permission which shouldnt be a problem with this crowd. I did a poster some years ago and got pics from some 70+ VX's from members here.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

That is a good idea! I would like to have a calendar myself. $15 max?
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I'm down for one, and if wanted I could submit a photo of my VX.

I have a cafepress account and I know they make calanders...so, if you all want I could throw one together and make it available on my cafepress account.

But like Anita said, we would need high-res shots and permission. We should do a thread where people submit 1 photo each and then we vote on which 12 or 13 go in the Calander.

Bart

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Anita
    Ive been bouncing that one for a long time. It would be great to get pics of VX(''s) in front of famous landmarks worldwide and pics of the major meets weve had.

The resolution would have to be high and you'd need each photographer's permission which shouldnt be a problem with this crowd. I did a poster some years ago and got pics from some 70+ VX's from members here.
    Anita, that's a great idea. if I can get my VX up to snuff soon, I'll donate some killer shots of my Ebony in front of the Seattle Space Needle.

That's...erm...'world famous', right?

bart if you want to try and take it over and use your account id gladly help you out with photo processing and such.. i was thinking it would be tough to get enough high res photos and there are some that are amazing as they are (wormgods 3/4 shot comes to mind..) that we couldnt duplicate so my thought was either a calendar that was a little smaller than normal (maybe with 6x4 photos.. or to make it more functional a full sized calendar with multiple photos on each page

i was actually planning on printing them off from home on photo paper (crazy nice photo printer from work broke its carriage off from a paper jam and rather than fixing it, bossman threw it away, i pulled it from the trash, added a $20 part and voila! home photo studio)

im up for any suggestions though.. id love to see that shot of that natural bridge in moab with like 10 vxs on it

there are also photos floating around of 5 VXs infront of the arch at valley forge from our king of prussia meet

OK, I'll look into and see what I can do. For some reason, I can't seem to get on the CafePress website at the moment...

Bart

Put me down for one.....I agree...I am always searching the galleries looking for VX pictures.

Just in case you want some fun pics from Russia I have 10 megapixels of these: http://pics.livejournal.com/uncle_asa/gallery/0000gzsx :-)
    2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS (build in progress): 4JX1/A340/part time, 2" body lift, front Aisin hubs, rear Aussie Locker, 4.56 gears, OEM rear sway bar disconnect, AirFlow snorkel, cabin air filter
    1980 Jeep Cherokee (assembling): 1.5" body lift, TBI, HEI
    1987 AMC Eagle: stock

OK, so I checked my CafePress account and I can create a regular wall calander for $14.99.

So, do you guys want to make it?

I think it would be cool if we could get 2 or 3 nice, high-res groups shots, and then a bunch of solo shots of nice clean VXs with cool backgrounds.

All I know is that if I make it, my VX has got dibs on November!

Bart

I'm down! What's the next step?

obviously im all about it, do they have a turn around time?

what resolution/size do we need these photos to be? format.. etc etc, if you want to e-mail me we can work out details about what needs to get done for it to happen

in the meantime... what pictures do we want on the calendar? ill work on setting up some kind of poll that will allow multiple votes

Thumbs up

I'm in...