Thread: IT time for new tires!

IT time for new tires!

I have decided to treat my dragon to a new set of tires.My preferences is MICHELIN,but i believe they are noT available for the VX.
    Before i go out and purchase tires,i desperately need to hear from the acknowledgeable folks of this forum.Please respond as soon as possible.
    Happy HOLIDAYS!!!!!!
    JAMES

The VX is uniquely versatile - good handling on the road AND an @$$-kicker off-road. Hard to find both qualities in one vehicle. You can put low-profile street-meats on it, but then you lose it's trail capability. Mud terrain tires will enhance off-road forays, but will cost you in fuel, acceleration, noise and handling.

My strategy is BFG ATs with D-load rating (8-ply). I can pump them up to 60 PSI so the sidewalls don't flex, retaining cornering ability like a low-profile tire. That also increases fuel economy by 1-2 MPG. The price is an unforgiving ride, so I usually keep them at 46 psi, a good compromise. When off-road, I can air down to 10 psi for excellent traction (larger contact-patch), flotation in the sand, and a very compliant ride. The D-rated sidewalls are inherently stiff even at low psi, so handling isn't scary, and they hold up to trail debris.

My $.02; good luck in coming to a decision.
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner

If your not going to be doing any off-roading, consider a street tire. I have a nice set, check my gallery for info. They have treated me very well in wet and snowy conditions, but your driving habits will dictate more on that anyway.

I have Michelin 245/70/16 on my VX right now. Theyre quiet running but not that great in the snow. If youre where theres no snow, great tire. I recently bought a full set of Super swamper 265/70/16 along with a full set of new 16x8 moto metal rims. Cant wait till spring to put them on. Is it spring yet? ...........its gonna be a long winter. lol Cant wait to get a pic of my VX on here also.
    Last edited by Jim Hanzak : 12/21/2006 at 03:09 PM Reason: more info