Thread: Question.....

Question.....

I think I may have stumbled across something to consider....

2000 VX
    118,000 Miles
    20" chrome wheels
    Overhead Tele....
    VIN JACCN57X6Y7D00564

Any suggestions on what I should look for when I go check this out?
    I plan to ask about servicing and timing belt (which should have been changed at 90,000,) the serpentine belt....anything else? If it has 20" wheels should I assume it has been off-roading? I purchased my first one new and it has never even been close to rough terrain.

Thanks for your help!

with 20" wheels id guess it hasnt been offroading.. people dont typically put larger rims on to offroad.. a lot of guys have actually stepped down from 18" to 16" for offroading

as far as what to look for.. check the shocks.. oil.. windows.. cd changer

use the search function, there are a lot of threads on this topic

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    with 20" wheels id guess it hasnt been offroading.. people dont typically put larger rims on to offroad.. a lot of guys have actually stepped down from 18" to 16" for offroading

as far as what to look for.. check the shocks.. oil.. windows.. cd changer

use the search function, there are a lot of threads on this topic
    Go see ldub's gallery. He makes "dubs" work!

Carfax....

So I sprung for the carfax 30 day membership. Wow! What a great service! Found out that the VX I am looking at was last serviced at 111,000 miles...but all the service has been performed by the local Isuzu dealer. I'm going to call Tuesday and see if the service department will chat with me about the VX. gosh darn I'm getting excited!

Great starting point! My plasma cutter is all aquiver at the prospect.

That one looks a lot like mine. The seller didn't have any (-) marks at his local Better Business Bureau as far as I could tell, so that's an additional bonus. Sounds like you're on the right track by planning to call the Isuzu service department where the vehicle was worked on, and I would ask the salesman for contact info for the previous owner to ask why they sold.

A simple test drive should tell you a lot. Try everything you can think of to see if it works: manually put it into 4X4 to see how it performs, A/C, radio and CD player, lights, turn signals, door locks, windows, etc. Anything that doesn't work can be considered a potential bargaining chip on the final sale price. Their asking price looks about right, but everythings' negotiable.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    Go see ldub's gallery. He makes "dubs" work!
    Sorry for the OT thread-jack...but for serious wheelin' (read Moab) I'll be putting my 16's w/ terra grapplers back on.
    The 20's look great & have traction+, but due to the side lugz & negative rim offset, they rub too much during off-road activity.