Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Polyurethane Bushings

Polyurethane Bushings

I've been thinking about changing all the bushings on the front end of my VehiCross. I saw the other posts about the sway bar bushings and which ones to use. Does anyone know which polyurethane bushings will fit in the rest of the front suspension? Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I am going to need the poly sway bar bushings too. My ride is really squeaky and I would like to try to fix this...

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    I've been thinking about changing all the bushings on the
    front end of my VehiCross. I saw the other posts about the sway bar bushings and which ones to use. Does anyone know which polyurethane bushings will fit in the rest of the front suspension? Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

I guess everyone is using stock stuff.

i just did my swaybar bushings a week or two ago.. and am very happy with the results.. have you checked energy suspensions website? they might have sizes listed, if not try www.summitracing.com i havent really looked other than for the sway bar bushings, but i know they put together kits for other cars, so they might at least have part numbers/sizes for the vx

I did check both Summit and Energy Suspension.

I didn't see anything on the Energy Suspension website and did call them. They told me, "Sorry, the VehiCross was made in such low numbers for us to even put a kit together for it."

Summit had nothing on their website about bushings for the VX. I looked at all 101 results they had listed on their site.

The discussion on the greaseable bushing kits for the front and rear sway bars I already saw. I was looking more for the front lower and upper control arms, sway bar end links, ball joints, etc in polyurethane.

I seem to remember someone saying before that the VehiCross was pretty much a different body put on top of a short wheel base Trooper. I'm just wondering how similar they are and if the same bushings on the smaller Trooper would work on the VehiCross also.

Smile You could try Independent4x...

Independent4x has some items under the Izuzu category. I'm sure if you give them a call, they can hook you up the right pieces..

http://www.independent4x.com/categor...?UCIDs=1100654

I'm surprised that Moncha hasn't spoken up yet. I think he replaced his sway bars a while ago, and when he did he used greaseable poly bushings in place of the stock ones. May have to do a search for sway bar bushings to find it.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Guys,
    The link that Cyrk posted is what I used when I did mine... Works very well!
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

What's up Clyde,

I found a few other sites that may be decent sources for asking about the interchangeability of Trooper and VX suspension parts.

www.mwior.com -- Midwest Isuzu Offroad.

www.4x4wire.com is an all makes board, and it's been said that it has possibly the best isuzu tech forum.

www.planetisuzoo.com is another isuzu board.

Parts and tech can also be obtained from:
    www.independent4x.com (Matt)
    www.darlington-offroad.com (Joe)

Something else to consider is almost all the parts slaped under the VX body are from the Trooper RS. You may try to cross reference those part and see what you find.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Thumbs down Need Wierd Advice

Hi,I am using my vehicross for non offroad n more for common road driving n SO need Replacement of suspension (may be spring,shock etc)to make it smooth less bumpy and less hard rough suspention. I know i cant compare my vehicross with my New Range Rover but at least it shall be nicer n softer but firm to drive..Thank you
    Hendrik suhardiman
    myisabramax@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik suhardiman
    Hi,I am using my vehicross for non offroad n more for common road driving n SO need Replacement of suspension (may be spring,shock etc)to make it smooth less bumpy and less hard rough suspention. I know i cant compare my vehicross with my New Range Rover but at least it shall be nicer n softer but firm to drive..Thank you
    Hendrik suhardiman
    myisabramax@yahoo.com
    The addition of adjustable shocks would be a good start. The previous owner of my VX had installed 9-way adjustable Rancho 9000 shocks, and they can be dialed in very nicely to each drivers' preferences.

A search for Rancho 9000 should yield a lot of reference material

So etl, did it eliminate/reduce some of the squeaking? Mine VX squeaks hella bad so I would like to try this as a possible remedy.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    i just did my swaybar bushings a week or two ago.. and am very happy with the results.. have you checked energy suspensions website? they might have sizes listed, if not try www.summitracing.com i havent really looked other than for the sway bar bushings, but i know they put together kits for other cars, so they might at least have part numbers/sizes for the vx

my vx rarely squeaked to begin with, it was mostly for handling purposes, but i havent heard a squeak out of my vx since i did the swap.. i noticed a difference in my steering through tight turns (+) and the gf said she feels like the vx takes bumpy roads a little nicer with much less bounding side to side (i didnt notice much improvement in this department.. but i started to ignore the bumpy ride a long time ago.. but i beleive her because i didnt tell her what the bushings were supposed to do and thats the first thing she said after riding in the vx afterwards)