Well, its a sad day, soon to be I guess. My 2001 Kaiser silver VX is getting traded in on friday, on a new 2006 Mitsubishi Montero. Have had 4 great years of ownerships, some down times, but mostly ups! Its been a fun car, I believe no other SUV out there handles quite as well, and offers such attention grabbing looks (I cant count the number of - "what is that, its cool" I've gotten from people at gas stations etc. more so than I have recieved in any of my Corvette's for sure. Had some problems with the shocks, most recently noises in the drive train, CEL, some rust above the windshield, and just a lot of creeks and growns from a long 103K miles. I put 80K of that on in the 4 years I owned it, always got me to where I was going safely and without worry. I planned on keeping it forever, but just need something newer, bigger, more dependable, and with 4 doors, as all my other "toys" have 2 doors. But I believe the Montero will carry on where the VX left off for me, in its own way its somewhat unique, you dont see one everyday, and it will offer the same dependability if not better.
Anyway, it will be hard to say goodbye, but with parts getting harder and harder to get, the reduction of Isuzu dealers in my area, and all the little problems adding up, I say goodbye to a truelly awesome vehicle and and equally impressive forum here. So many questions have been answered by you all, memories shared, and continued many more to all here, thanks again!
Mike