Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A/C question reminder.....

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    My '99 is the same way - the two right-most positions (feet + windshield and all-windshield, IIRC) automatically turn the A/C compressor on, and you cannot shut it off by pressing A/C button.

Many cars do this for the all-windshield setting so that drivers who don't understand the complexities of their HVAC systems and controls can still defrost their windshields effectively just by moving the selector to that position.

kpaske - If you have it set on defrost and the A/C light is lit and you still have moisture, then set the temp control to the hot position. If you still have moisture, then maybe your A/C needs recharging or (and this became a family joke after I said it once to my sister in reference to her Cherokee) maybe your flap-valves are not actuating. That is, maybe the flaps in the ventilation ducts are not switching to direct air to the windshield. You should be able to figure out which it is by checking if you're getting airflow and by the temp of the air.

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ
    kpaske - If you have it set on defrost and the A/C light is lit and you still have moisture, then set the temp control to the hot position. If you still have moisture, then maybe your A/C needs recharging or (and this became a family joke after I said it once to my sister in reference to her Cherokee) maybe your flap-valves are not actuating. That is, maybe the flaps in the ventilation ducts are not switching to direct air to the windshield. You should be able to figure out which it is by checking if you're getting airflow and by the temp of the air.
    Yep, tried that stuff. It blows plenty hot, but the moisture always returns. I probably just need an AC recharge, like you say. At least that's what I'm hoping.

My flap valves are actuating quite nicely, thank you.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I would like to put a kill switch in for the tod,it sucks my wallet dry with all the extra fuel it consumes.

Quote Originally Posted by WILLY
    I would like to put a kill switch in for the tod,it sucks my wallet dry with all the extra fuel it consumes.
    Wouldn't installing manual hubs and unlocking them effectively do the same thing, as well as decreasing driveline drag?

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Even with unlocked hubs, you would still be spinning the t-case and front axles, sp the fuel savings would not be as significant.