Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Badges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Badges

Since the VX in titanium are gone. I have been looking elsewhere (EBAY.)

Option 1;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8761&rd=1&rd=1

Option 2 (found on Rauge Thomas's)

http://cgi.ebay.com/VXR-VAUXHALL-RAC...QQcmdZViewItem

Which one do you think is best?

I like option number one - especially the font, kind of goes with the VX. The VXR I had on my VX was small, to fit the plaque are in the grille; however, the R is taller than the mounting area. I had to put 2 layers of emblem adhesive tape on the back to get it higher than the surround. It looked fine and you couldn't tell that it was sticking up - but it is veisibly larger (taller)than the mounting area. I assume you would mount option number 1 on the back door - right? Right now, I have a very large Vauxhall badge there. It is their winged lion holding a flag with a "V" in it, surrounded by a thin chrome circle. Looks pretty good, but I like those letters - may have to check it out.
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

Yeah I really liked both mainly 1. But I like yours as well and did notice the mounting and the R being longer.

I work by 2nd st. bridge and live just 10 minutes away from it, in more of the country side of clark county. We should have a meet of some sort. I know one other guy thats on here that lives with in 10 miles as well.

Any more opinions?

How about fabbing something out of aluminum? It's relatively soft and with some filing and polishing you could get it to work. Another alternative is to put something non-VX on there - like "Tonka" or something similar - in my mind you can put anything you want (well, I wouldn't put a Ferrari logo on there or some other auto manufacturer, but you get my meaning).

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Buy a piece of titanium and make your own? Somewhere I have an actual image that autox-racer used when he made it. I modified the design slightly (mine is a custom one-off) but I'm pretty sure I still have both files if you want an exact replica. It's just a flat piece of titanium cut into a "VX".
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Since so many said their "VX" fell off at some point, and auto racer said no more, when mine came, I traced them onto aluminum stock before I mounted them. I don't expect them to become detached here in sunny Fla, but if they do... I'm ready.

Chopper, I lost mine and I am in Ormond.

I hijacked your idea and picked up the option 1 also, I hope it looks cool. I am also cutting out a custom vx out of matte black vinyl for where the big isuzu was on the back. The color and texture of it seem to go really well with the cladding.

Here is another source for letters, not badges per say, but you could make up most anything if you like.

http://www.signlettersource.com/

Just got mine in the mail and I am impressed. I will try to put them on either tonight or soon and take pics.

Whats the best glue for this?

Yeah, when I got my VX badge with that double-stick tape, I knew it wouldn't hold. So I scored the spot on the grill with a razor blade and scored the back of the badge as much as I could, and then used 2-part epoxy to stick it on. That stuff is strong and with the scoring it should stay glued for a long time. I really hope mine never falls off, cause I love the way it looks.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385
    Just got mine in the mail and I am impressed. I will try to put them on either tonight or soon and take pics.

Whats the best glue for this?

Thanks for the offer I appriciate it. But I just bought some "industrial" strength epoxy at Home Depot. I know its not as good as yours but hopefully it will do, becuase Im glueing it tomorrow. You got the red VXR right? Post pics please. Cant wait to see what it will look like. Thanks.

Oh man!!! I just got the V and the X on before it set up, I had to scrape off the stuff on the R since it was curing in place as I applied it. Damn, I forgot how fast it sets up. Just remember to clean the heck out of the surface of both the letters and the grill. I traced the letters where I was putting them on, then roughed up the area with the dremel sanding drum, then cleaned them meticulously, and applied the letters. I found a plastic scraper and some alcohol (the rubbing kind) work very well to get the 3M tape off the backs of the letters. It's curing right now, and I'm at work, but I'll try to get pics tonight.

Here's pics. The R looks a little messy up close, but I haven't had a chance to chisel off the excess epoxy. From any distance greater than a few inches it is totally invisible.