Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Badges

Oh man!!! I just got the V and the X on before it set up, I had to scrape off the stuff on the R since it was curing in place as I applied it. Damn, I forgot how fast it sets up. Just remember to clean the heck out of the surface of both the letters and the grill. I traced the letters where I was putting them on, then roughed up the area with the dremel sanding drum, then cleaned them meticulously, and applied the letters. I found a plastic scraper and some alcohol (the rubbing kind) work very well to get the 3M tape off the backs of the letters. It's curing right now, and I'm at work, but I'll try to get pics tonight.

Here's pics. The R looks a little messy up close, but I haven't had a chance to chisel off the excess epoxy. From any distance greater than a few inches it is totally invisible.

That looks great. I am going to try to do mine tomorrow. I thinking about leaving the R off mine, but I am not sure.

I really thought about ditching the R too, but all three just fit in there so well, I tried it with just the VX, but to me it looked kind of empty, may be just me though. The R can just stand for so many things too, Rally, Race, VX'er, etc.

Done did it today. I kept the "R" and love it. The "VX" by itself just looked to empty.

you got me!!!!

Re-opening this little conversation,

My company hired a new guy and I am the lucky one to train him. We sit down at my desk and he notices my desktop and says, "Is that your Isuzu out front?" I am kind of shocked at first thinking, wow most people have to ask what it is since I have outside Isuzu logos off. He then says "I have never seen one of those before, we were checking it out this morning wondering what it was and then I saw the Isuzu on your steering wheel."

DOH!!! I need to cover up that sucker!!!

Any Ideas? I was just gonna order another emblem of some sort and stick it on there, but not so sure now. Looking for something subtle.

My desktop courtesy of Sir Bart:

when you do it just make sure u cover it with something light enough that if your air bags deploy (i sure hope they dont ever need to!) you dont end up with an emblem in your chest, i beleive the steering wheel breaks apart right at the logo to deploy the airbag

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    when you do it just make sure u cover it with something light enough that if your air bags deploy (i sure hope they dont ever need to!) you dont end up with an emblem in your chest, i beleive the steering wheel breaks apart right at the logo to deploy the airbag
    So one of them kung fu throwing star pointy things would be a bad choice then ?

"I have never seen one of those before, we were checking it out this morning wondering what it was and then I saw the Isuzu on your steering wheel."

DOH!!! I need to cover up that sucker!!!
    Man, I was just thinking that this morning when I had thought I was all debadged(finally rid of those pesky wheels). There is only the steering wheel and the factory radios. I would be careful putting something on over the Isuzu logo there because my little brother tried putting a sticker over the same place on his car and because of the material it's made of it ended up coming off fairly quickly. I am in the market for something to stick on there and I think I am going to use some silicone to smooth over the logo and stick whatever I put on there in place. Since silicone never really hardens up, I think the airbag will deploy OK with stabbing me.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

I think I may just get the wimdows tinted fairly dark

My babge.....

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    My babge.....

I think you mean my badge...
    Last edited by VXR : 05/18/2011 at 01:10 AM

Arrow

I am an transformers fan and always wanted having my horse completely debaged and placing some nice looking autobots emblems on.

Currently my VX only have the isuzu logos on the rear door and grill,plus my tail light covers has the V-cross chromed letters on them.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    I think you mean my badge...
    Did you really revive a three year-old thread to correct someone's spelling?

Talking I think you mean

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Did you really revive a three year-old thread to correct someone's spelling?
    four year-old thread
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt