Thread: I can't believe I did that!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry I can't believe I did that!!

I was just changing fluid in front diff and the blue cap from the Mobil 1 bottle went into diff. I cannot drain it because the cap is bigger that drain opening..What now!!!!!!!!!What a stupid human trick........Any suggestions...Isuzu said dont worry it we be chewed up...Please advise..

How about one of those retractable claw parts-picker-uppers? You might get lucky and snag it.

Don't worry it'll get chewed up ...

What? The diff or the cap or both?

But they're right. That plastic cap has virtually no chance of causing any harm to your diff. You could always drive it lightly, until the cap is pureed then drain it again. It would certainly be less work than pulling the diff apart - I've had my front diff out and don't want to do it again any time soon.

Can you actually see the cap in the drain hole? If so, you might be able to manipulate some forceps or another cutting device to cut the cap in half and remove it in two parts.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I know this might sound stupid, but what if you suck on the hole with a shop vac and see if it sucks the cap? Or at least sucks it close enough to the hole that you can grab it with some nipping shears or something?

Just a thought.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    I know this might sound stupid, but what if you suck on the hole with a shop vac and see if it sucks the cap? Or at least sucks it close enough to the hole that you can grab it with some nipping shears or something?
    Hey, I don't know about a shop vac, but I'd bet a PELA 650 Oil Extractor (or something similar) would grab it. You'd suck a bunch of your diff fluid out, but if the PELA is brand new (or VERY clean!) you could pour it right back in, plus they're great for oil changes.

I Would Go With Tobert's Advice,it Sounds Like The Best Way To Do It,that Is Probably What I Would Have Come Up With.