Thread: By popular demand - Pics of my '99 Ebony

By popular demand - Pics of my '99 Ebony

I finally got a few photos of my 'new' VX uploaded. There are three "before" shots in my gallery, so that I can compare my "after" shots after the lift, the roof rack, the wheels and tires, etc.

Frankly, she looks pretty good as-is! I didn't even have a chance to wash her before the photo shoot!

I'll take some more photographs after the upgrades...here's one of the gallery photos:

Here's another view:

Wow... that's what a stock VX looks like... I almost forgot!

Where did you take the shot from? If there was ever another clear day in Seattle, that would be a great spot to do a VX lineup shot.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

It looks great. We have an ebony also and find that it looks much nicer without the roof rack. It looks more pure design. Our silver one however looks better with the rack. I think it has something to do with balancing the dark light areas and the rack on top frames the lines better.

Sweet dude. Looks nice. I can't wait to see it once you get the new rubber on there. Are you still thinking AR Teflon Chambers?

Bart

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Beautiful backdrop. I smell some candidates for a 2008 calendar?... very nice.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

very nice!.. im mildly miffed i didnt hold out for an ebony or firefox.. but you know.. i love my vx

lol biju... at this rate the 2008 calendar will be one of those page-a-day desktop calendars

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by kpaske
    Wow... that's what a stock VX looks like... I almost forgot!

Where did you take the shot from? If there was ever another clear day in Seattle, that would be a great spot to do a VX lineup shot.
    These shots were taken in the parking lot of Salty's Restaurant, in West Seattle, about 10 seconds before sunset.

There's a boat launch nearby that we used many years ago for a NW VX Meet Group Photo...until the cops kicked us out! Anybody else remember that?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Sweet dude. Looks nice. I can't wait to see it once you get the new rubber on there. Are you still thinking AR Teflon Chambers?

Bart
    Thinking? THINKING?

According to UPS, they're being delivered today. We've got a LOT of snow and ice on the hill today, though, so if they can't make it, they'll hopefully deliver tomorrow.

Woo hoooooooo!!!!!

Thanks blacksambo, biju and etlsport.

I agree about the contrasting areas helping the overall look of the VX. I've ordered a front skidplate from Vehicrossconcepts in Kaiser Silver for that very reason! I might also get one of those silver Thule roof racks.

And biju, for the calendar I'd have to wash and wax the Ebony and then be REALLY picky about its position and "attitude". I will make it a mission in life to get a photo in next year's calendar, though!

Cool shots! You just gave me an idea for a fun licence plate. Just change your plate #'s into WSH. After all it is a WAsHington WAX plate!
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!

But...but...I've already ORDERED a personalized plate!

I'll be sure to unveil it when it arrives. Just trying to be mysterious, here...

Until then, the "WAX" plate stares me in the face every day, making me feel guilty for NOT waxing the VX.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    She shore looks purdy...

Cain't wait to see what's next...

Well, here's a preview:
    1) American Racing Chambers 16x8 (Teflon) wheels
    2) Yokohama Geolandar HT/S 275/70/16 tires
    3) Rancho RS9000x shocks
    4) OME 913 coil springs
    5) Braided steel brake lines
    6) Greasable poly bushings
    7) OEM racks
    8) MacNeil WeatherTech Rainguards
    9) Clay bar + Zaino treatment
    10) Cladding treatment
    11) Steam clean carpets
    12) Lexol Neatsfoot Leather conditioner
    13) Shawn's "Psychos2" rear-door subwoofer enclosure, CDT Audio 10" sub, Memphis Audio amplifier
    14) RAAMmat sound deadener.
    15) VX Concepts front skidplate

The good news? I already have all of these items in my possession except for the Rancho Shocks, the skidplate and the RAAMmat.

Close! So close! I might get a Morgan-Tec muffler and Tone's rear hitch next...

It's Christmas in January!