Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh Deer

Smile Oh Deer

My wife hit a deer..Not much damage, Just the grille,front cladding,headlight,right fender,inner bumper,radiator support some paint and straighting..The Insurance adjuster said about $1,900.. The body shop said they could get the parts in a few days??I asked them if they ever saw a VX before. They said no..The estimate says they could use none oem parts. as if there are any?They have a new headlight listed for $300. Grille and cladding about $300 not sure about fender and radiator support.The body shop said they will call when they have all the parts.I gave them Merlins number just in case they have trouble finding the parts. Tony B
    Last edited by Beavertractors : 02/09/2007 at 02:33 AM

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about that, apperently deer have an unusually high attraction to VX's...what is this?, the third or fourth VX/deer incedent this winter...

They ought to have a season where men dressed in orange form small assasination squads & bring large domestic 4W-D vehicles & guns & dogs &...

WHAt?...they do that already ?...Well they should make the season longer...
    Like eleven months out of twelve...

Ouch, that sucks to hear! Hopefully your experience doesn't turn into what it has turned into for most others after something like this...
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Tell the shop to get the parts from St. Charles ISUZU, heh. I think those guys have a little shop of elves that are actually making these parts because they ALWAYS have everything in stock, and they are the cheapest out there.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Actually most of the parts from St Charles comes directly from the Isuzu warehouses - drop shipped to your location. They only stock some of the basic maintenance parts like oil and fuel filters, etc. I've talked to Merlin a bit on the phone about it.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    They ought to have a season where men dressed in orange form small assasination squads & bring large domestic 4W-D vehicles & guns & dogs &...

WHAt?...they do that already ?...Well they should make the season longer...
    Like eleven months out of twelve...
    Or we could just go back in time and see to it that mankind doesn't kill/drive out all of the deers' natural predators, and cram all the remaining deer into smaller plots of land so that in the future their populations run rampant and literally spew from the few remaining forestlands in the United States...

So, come on Ldub, you know full well hunting is not the answer and deer are not the problem. We are.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the VX and the deer. That totally sucks. I remember once I was camping in Northern Michigan in the fall, and you literally had to drive 20 mph with your brights on, there were so many deer you could see eyes glowing all over the forrest at night...

Bart

I feel your pain....
    My VX got totaled via deer suicide.

apperently deer have an unusually high attraction to VX's...what is this?, the third or fourth VX/deer incedent this winter...
    Those JERKEYs, STEAKin out their teritory...

Oh and sorry to hear about the accident.
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Or we could just go back in time and see to it that mankind doesn't kill/drive out all of the deers' natural predators, and cram all the remaining deer into smaller plots of land so that in the future their populations run rampant and literally spew from the few remaining forestlands in the United States...

So, come on Ldub, you know full well hunting is not the answer and deer are not the problem. We are.
    Sheesh! One thread about BioDiesel and we're overrun with environmentalists...
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

not me.. theres one less deer to run into a VX in my freezer right now!... however in my defense i recycle and take public transportation whenever possible!

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

The way I see it, deer are renewable resources. Mmmm good eatin.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask

Bart
    Yeah, I know, humans are bad, American humans are especially bad...been hearin' it from "your kind" since the late 60's-early 70's.
    Tell ya what, have your buddy algore invent the time machine (shouldn't be a problem for anyone smart enough to marry tipper & invent the internet) & we'll go back & see what we can do.
    Careful what ya wish for though...present company excluded (that means anyone reading this), the average urbanite wouldn't know wether to $pIT or wind his watch if he ever did see an apex predator in his or her back yard.
    Also, this should only be taken as humorus, not an attack on anyone's particular belief or, God forbid, feelings.

Careful what ya wish for though...present company excluded (that means anyone reading this), the average urbanite wouldn't know wether to $pIT or wind his watch if he ever did see an apex predator in his or her back yard.
    If I found a Lake Trout or Smallmouth Bass in *MY* back yard, I'd fire up the barbie!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Apex_Predators

Quote Originally Posted by kpaske
    If I found a Lake Trout or Smallmouth Bass in *MY* back yard, I'd fire up the barbie!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Apex_Predators
    LOL, that's quite a list, most everything BUT wolves.

Well, you know I am far from a complete tree hugger, but sometimes it just annoys me when people say "There are too many damn deer!". When in my mind, there are really just too many damn people! I'm sure you know what I mean!

I once had some home made deer jerky. Man, it was the best jerky I have EVER had.

Bart

PS - Funny about the biodiesel. After that thread I was watching PBS a couple nights later, and they had a whole show about Willie and his "Bio Willie" project...

Yeah, I know, humans are bad, American humans are especially bad...been hearin' it from "your kind" since the late 60's-early 70's.
    Tell ya what, have your buddy algore invent the time machine (shouldn't be a problem for anyone smart enough to marry tipper & invent the internet) & we'll go back & see what we can do.
    Also, this should only be taken as humorus, not an attack on anyone's particular belief or, God forbid, feelings.