Hi all,

Now that I finally got the VX on some snow (I had to go up to Vermont to find it!), I noticed a little problem...

As I arrived at the ski house, I got out of the VX and noticed the faint but distinct smell of burning clutch. The roads were completely dry until I got to the road the house is on - the road and the driveway were snow covered, so the TOD was doing its thing for about 150 yards.

This happened a couple of times up there over a couple of weekends - each time the TOD was engaging very briefly, but I noticed the smell when I got out of the truck (never while inside).

I don't know enough about automatic transmissions to be sure (and probably never will), but my limited understanding is that the AT has a torque converter, not a clutch, and so the smell wouldn't be coming from the transmission (although I'm not sure about how the lockup torque converter works). On the other hand, I know that the TOD has a multi-plate clutch pack, so that's my prime suspect.

Has this happened to anyone else? How was it fixed? Any thoughts on what I should have my dealer check? Thanks!!