OK, I did a search on this question already. There were some old threads where it is mentioned but don't see that it was ever explained why it would or would not work. Tone had said that it wouldn't but did not elaborate.

My understanding is that the garage door opener kit sold as a VX accessory (which allows you to open your garage door with the "option" button on your remote) comes with a receiver box and a converter which allows you to plug it into 110v. In one of those threads, IsuZoom described installing it to open his garage door and said it was just a two wire installation, so the receiver box would apparently splice into the circuit that sends the signal to open and close the door.

If this is the case, why wouldn't it work for the solenoid that Tone sells in the door popper kit? Does the receiver box require something other than +12v?

I am aware of the other mod described recently where the lock/unlock button can be modified to open the back door popper with a second press, but I want to keep the option of opening only the driver's door or both doors as desired.

This accessory is still listed on isuzuparts.com site for $89.95 but that does not necessarily mean it is still available. But before spending $100 or so after shipping, wanted to see whether anyone knows whether it definitely would, or would not work, and why.