View Poll Results: Who is planning to be at the VX Run?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!

14 82.35%
  • It's a maybe right now.

1 5.88%
  • Cant make this one.

2 11.76%

Thread: VX only run

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

I can lead Elephant Hill @ Canyonlands N.P. on Tuesday 5/15/07. I think Scott (Moncha from Colorado) would like to lead this trail, and I would like for him to lead if that's what he would like to do. Just let me know.

Here's a thought of anyone going to Moab from the south or west..........like Texas,New Mexico, Arizona,Nevada, or southern Cali. You are more than welcome come along and do as much or as little as you want.

I think Scott Harness (Dallas) might do some of this. Saterday evening go to a mountain hot spring (this is really cool) in northern New Mexico. On the 13th, take a small hike to the Citadel. It's an Indian dwelling that sit on the top of a mesa. They built it up there for defensive reasons. It's absolutly breath taking! It's located in the Cedar Mesa area in southern Utah ................I've been wanting to do this for a long time. May 14th do a 4x4 trip to Hotel Rock in the Cedar Mesa area. A couple of years ago Todd Adams made this a VX Run. This one is A LOT of fun. Finally on May 15th, meet up with the other VXs for the 2007 VX Run in Canyonlands N.P. then to Moab.

Like I said....all are welcome.......do as much or as little....it will be good to meet up with anyone.

Peace.
    Tom
    Last edited by tomdietrying : 04/05/2007 at 06:34 AM
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

I've been out of the loop and just saw this thread. I did E-Hill 5 years ago, and I still think about that place - I really did "get my thrill on Elephant Hill"! Todd Adams is one of the most skilled offroaders I know (and I know a few!), but he has alway been an excellent tour guide with extensive geologic, political, environmental and historical knowledge of the area. We'll miss you, Todd!

Fortunately, Tom and or Scott are willing to step up; thanks guys! I'm willing to help out with this run, too, but, like I said, it's been 5 years. I suggest that we meet at Moab McDonald's (good landmark) Tuesday morning and caravan to Canyonlands. IIRC the run needs to be kept as informal and spontaneous as possible, because the Park Service will not allow organized (ZuZoo-like) runs. Todd would likely have good advice for the trail leader.
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner