Cool, I am perfectly patient when it comes to negotiating tough spots, and I have no problem taking those spots slowly and carefully. I just don't want to hurt my baby (and my only means of transportation).

The trail sounds awesome and I cannot wait to take in some of the scenery. I need to get my spare and roof rack asap.

Other than that, I pretty much have all the gear I need!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
I would say most of those books OVERRATE the trails a bit. This trail has been done as the VX run before and had STOCK VX's with road tires do just fine. If you trust your spotter and pick the right line you'll have no problems. If you are unsure...I recomend you follow other vehicles set up like yours and watch the line they take. Elephant hill is rated a 3.5 which equates to intermediate. HERE is a great place for tril descriptions (including elephant hill) and ratings.
Keep in mind you can get damage on even the easiest of trails if you are not paying attention...but as long as you pay attention, pick the ears of those with experience, and have a little faith in your driving skills and your VX you will be just fine.