View Poll Results: Who is planning to be at the VX Run?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!

14 82.35%
  • It's a maybe right now.

1 5.88%
  • Cant make this one.

2 11.76%

Thread: VX only run

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Kenny, kenny, kenny... don't scare folks! geesh.

Elephant hill is cake. bust out the wine and cheese, and put in a DVD of your choosing and let the VX do its thing!

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

Elephant Hill is great! Many of us did that trail with stock tires and no lift. No problem!!
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Thumbs up

Now these are the kind of replies I was looking for!!!

Bart

I guess you can call me a realist of sorts.. would rather give you both sides of the coin to consider and let you make your choice and be relieved when you come through unscathed rather than sugar coating everything and giving a false sense of security and have you be upset should something minor happen. Either way, I don't expect that you will suffer catastrophic failure. Maybe some UT pin striping, scratched cladding, or a flat, but thats about it.

So, what time are you guys planning to hit the trailhead on Tue?
    I had planned to run this trail on our way into Moab this year as well, and right now we are up in the air for either Mon or Tue. A lot depends upon whether we spend two or three days on Hole in The Rock.

We are leaving Friday and hitting Capital Reef (including the cathedral area loop), along with the northern section of Hole in the Rock to Lake Powell. Also want to hit Natural Bridges, that may be Mon evening after running the difficult southern portion of Hole in the Rock. If so, I wil loop around and probably intercept you guys at some point on Tue.
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Reality has a place here. If you dont want to get a scratch, ding, bang on your VX, dont do it. But chances are that you will get through it all unscathed and have a blast. The reality is anything is possible.. scratched/gauged cladding from rough brush or rocks, a nip at your rims, etc, etc.... or NOTHING. I've gone twice to Moab and my VX suffered no permanent injuries.

I'll be in Moab Monday and Tuesday but I have to make the journey back west on Wednesday

Bart

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    I'm currently working with Tom (tomdietrying) to figure out meeting time/place.

stay tuned.

-biju.