Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heated Seats in VX

Question Heated Seats in VX

Does anyone have a VX with heated seats? There is one selling on E-bay that has them. Item number: 160079265604

VIN Number: jaccn57x117d00137

"It is also equipt with heated seats, PW, PDL, cruise control, AM/FM cassette with 5 disk CD changer."

i only know of one vx with heated seats, the owner of which is a member on this board.. and it was a very long involved install, you should email the seller about it and ask for photos of the switch for the seats or something (the vx also came stock with a 6 cd changer.. you should ask if thats a typo, or if theres an aftermarket changer in there)

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

my 2000 came w/ heated seats and 6 disk changer... which has been a pain in the *****; when I was doing a lot of 4 wheeling.

Pretty sure no VX ever came factory equipped with heated seats....and that one on ebay does not make any mention of them. Could be someone mistook the heated mirror switch on the console for a seat heater switch?

Maybe the 6 disc CD changer has a disc in it that won't eject, making it a 5 disc CD changer

It may be that the Japanese spec VXs came with heated seats as standard and the person has transplanted them...

**rushes off to find out - somehow**

A

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Canyon_VXer
    my 2000 came w/ heated seats and 6 disk changer... which has been a pain in the *****; when I was doing a lot of 4 wheeling.
    Re: Heated seats: Can you show us some pics? Does it look OEM or was this an aftermarket add-on?
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Arrow

JDM seats are fabric, and AFIAK the US never got factory heated seats. The Recaro seat in the VX is common to several other vehicles and is available aftermarket as well. Seat and lumbar heating, lumbar adjustment and ventilation are options offered by Recaro for the seat model.

The Axiom has similar seats to the VX and bi-level heating is a factory option, so that would be a simple upgrade to the VX for those in chillier climes or plagued by poor tushie circulation.

Rostra makes an aftermarket seat heater kit that is basically OEM components sold as a consumer installed kit. The biggest issue in installing it yourself is removing and replacing the seat covers, which can be a real challenge if you're not familiar with automotive upholstery. Most upholstery shops will install these for you or assist with the covers for a nominal fee.

Rostra Comfort-Heat
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

hey joe do you know if the switches from the axiom heated seats would fit into a blank spot on the vx dash or console? or a trooper model w/ heated seats that i could steal some factory heated seat switches from? sunday im headed out to three ginormous u pull it lots in search of a rodeo dash.. (or a VX.. but im not holding my breath)

Arrow

We just sold our '04 Axiom so I can't go measure, but as I recall they appeared to fit the standard Isuzu switch bezel. So they'd likely fit in the center console or dash empties.

woo hoo!

Damnit Joe, where were you the last time this thread topic came up?!

Wow, so you think Axiom seats would be plug and play? Obviously you'd have to wire up the switches and power, but you think they would bolt right up? Do you know what color and fabric choices were available and what years would fit?

That might just be a better option than recovering existing VX seats (and possibly adding in an aftermarket heater), which is what we discussed in the other thread.

P.S. - Joe, I need your help with my Diesel VX Parts List!

Talking

LOL Kyle, let me know some times you've got available and I'll ring you up for some mentally-imbalanced "brainstorming" sessions. I've got some Isuzu 4JG2 diesel parts books and the Isuzu shop manuals for the diesel versions of the Trooper, Rodeo and Amigo.

To swap in Axiom seats you'd have to swap the lower rail, but the rest should be plug-n-play. If you want it to look really sharp go junkyard shopping for a Trooper Limited and fish out its heated seat harness so you'll have all OEM wiring and connectors too. Of course a donor Axiom would have this too.

What kind of seats did the Trooper Limited come with?

Thanks Joe, I'll shoot you an e-mail about the diesel vx project. Nothing like a little public nagging to give you a kick in the butt, eh?

Once we do our brainstorming, I'll create a new thread with the details of the project, as I know there are several other people who've expressed an interest in this.

Woohoo, I'm excited!!

I think you need to read the ebay link again
    "..all this time we thought we had heated seats..."
    electric mirrors...Cheese!!!!!
    Never pack a gob****e there's always one waiting for you when you get there.

Wow this VX was just right down the road from IndianaVX and about an hour away from me. INVX had no clue, cuase I did not.