Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Wall Calender

Question

Yeah, I ordered mine on the 2nd, and it must be lost too. How many days does it take for the calender to get to a home on average?
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying
    Yeah, I ordered mine on the 2nd, and it must be lost too. How many days does it take for the calender to get to a home on average?
    Peace.
    Tom
    Mine took ten days exactly. Felt like I was waiting forever

Calendar to Baghdad

Just checking to see if the calendars can be shipped overseas to (Baghdad)

I am stuck here for an indefinite period due to "The Surge" and unable to work on my VX. Looking at some pics on the wall might take my mind off of it.

I have an APO over here. Anyway, let me know and I'll figure something out.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Hey 'battle',
    (Wekell)
    where are you at and for how much longer? I did Anaconda all of '05.
    If they don't ship to APOs, you can order one to me and I'll forward it to you.
    Unless your an officer.

JK, stay safe

Cy

Calendar Ordering

Sorry bout the hijack here..

Ouch! Thats gonna leave a mark.

I'll meet you halfway. Came in enlisted and did Desert Storm that way, then went to the "dark side" as an officer in 94. In spite of being an officer I can still use the same power tools I did when I was enlisted and not cut my fingers off, my hobby is tattooing (not golf), and have just kept enough common sense to keep myself alive when I'm not sipping mint juleps on the veranda with the other officers.

I did OIF I 2003 as a company cdr in Baghdad, and doing this rotation in Mosul, and after 6 months we moved down here to Baghdad. Looks like we'll be extended and I'm guessing a bonus 18 month tour. I brought all my VX files with me so I can "virtually" work on my ride.

Oh yeah, the calendar--I will have to get my wife to send my new ATM card and snag one of the calendars when it comes in.

I got mine in 4 days.Sent to p.o.box if that matters.Looks great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Got mine last night, and it looks GREAT. I'm sure with all of the other VX stuff around my desk at work people will REALLY start to worry about me once I put the calendar up.

Also, for those of you who have the calendar, and have been reading pbkid's post about his engine blow, he IS February. He did that climb with bald street tires, and it was impressive. I've never seen him back down from anything in that VX. Hopefully he'll stay around.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

February????

I know that picture was taken in Moab. Can anyone tell me what what day and what trail that was? I'm sure I did that climb too, but I can't really remember what trail it was.

Thanks for any help with my memory.

Peace.
    Tom

Suggestion For 2008 Calendar

I just received my VX calendar 2 days ago and I really love it. The pictures are outstanding. It would be great if there was a little write up on who owns the VX and where the pictures were taken at. Great job guys!! I'm looking forward to next years calendar. Hopefully my VX will be in it.

well it wasnt lost in the mail.. the mail just sucks but its here now... and its puurdy

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

THREAD HIJACK!!

Tom,

I took that picture of Jack on the Fins and Things trail in Moab. That was, really, the first big obstacle that we came to. There was an easy way around to the left of the picture (that I'm not afraid to say, I took). I remember you and I trying to hold Billy's VX down as he went up it. I'll search through my picture to see if I have a shot of you going up.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Yeah, I think the 2008 Calender will be even better, now that we all know what to do. The voting next year is gonna be intense!

I was actually thinking, we could do 3 or 4 calenders, like a Moab 07 calender, a hot street VX calender, a offroad rig VX calender, and action shot VX calender, etc...

That way we could all choose what kind we like best...but then again, that will be a lot more work!!

Just a thought.

Bart

Well done, and thanks! to those who worked long and hard on this project!
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner

Bart,

Re "I was actually thinking, we could do 3 or 4 calenders, like a Moab 07 calender, a hot street VX calender, a offroad rig VX calender, and action shot VX calender, etc..."

Another thought...could each individual calendar be customized? Maybe have a collection of 100 photos, and then let each customer select the 12 they prefer for their calendar. Can CafePress do that?

And, even a wilder thought...how about a nice hard-bound 'coffee table' book with a collection of VX photos and review articles from the magazines. You know, one of those that you see in the book stores, about 15 X 10 inches, for $9.95 (on sale).

I realize that the book would be a more difficult task. But, when I am sitting in the retirement home and the grandkids come to visit, and I start talking about my VX, I'll have pictures to show...

Its March 1st: time to flip the VX Calendar to a new month!