Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pacific Northwest VX Meet: Seattle

I could be in.

My VX has been sitting under my carport. The RX-7 has been getting all of the attention lately.

It would be GREAT if you could make it, JAFO! I got a lot of inspiration for my own Ebony VX from YOUR gallery.

Keep your eyes on the skies. We may still be meeting on Saturday, 2/17...rowhard, kpaske and I are up for that...but if OTHERS can promise to meet up on a different Saturday, we might be able to bump it a week or three.

Littlewing2 is getting some old-time rock and roll on Feb 17th. Bulldoggie wants a different day, too...and a meet closer to Portland! Baxman's going to the BEACH that weekend.

So, it's up in the air. We COULD move the meet to, say Olympia...right between Portland and Seattle...and hold the meet in early March. Or we could just up and move it all the way to Portland. I like the drive.

LET ME KNOW, PEEPS. How about if those of you who CANNOT make it on February 17th give us a list of times/places that you COULD meet, and we'll do one of those consensus thingies?
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

I checked my event planner(haha)and I don't have no events(like I would have any, anyway) on Saturday in the whole month of March. I would be game to drive ALL THE WAY UP TO Olympia. Thats my .02cents. Lets here from the rest of you!!!!

Cool! I'll get to see a Proton up close! It's been awhile.

That's LittleWING, from Newberg, folks. How about getting LittleLAURIE from Portland, too? She's got a KILLER Ebony VX.

Anyone else? March meet? Olympia?

insert .02 (saw that in other thread, liked it)

I am game,... period.

Would be nice to maybe make this a regular thing, maybe every other month or something. We up here, Seattle area commute down there and they, Portland area come up here. An over nighter type of thing. Just imagine a dozen (or more) VX's convoying to Crater Lake or Mt. Rainer, something like that.

I haven't been to Crater Lake in, like, 35 years! I seem to remember it being COLD. But I was 8 years old then, so who cares about pneumonia?

I would be SO up for a Crater Lake drive.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Eric, have you done the North Cascade highway yet?

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Most any of these things sound good.
    I better start now cleaning the winter splatter off the VX.
    Roy

Unhappy

Rowhard, I've done the North Cascades Loop, but not in my VX!

Newthings, don't worry too much about the splatter: first of all, it's still winter, so what are ya gonna do? Second, my tires illegally stick out from my wheel wells, and constantly kick up mud and spatter all along the sides of MY VX...so no matter what, yours won't be the dirtiest!!!

Roy, good to hear from you. How's the hideout by the river coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    Rowhard, I've done the North Cascades Loop, but not in my VX!

Newthings, don't worry too much about the splatter: first of all, it's still winter, so what are ya gonna do? Second, my tires illegally stick out from my wheel wells, and constantly kick up mud and spatter all along the sides of MY VX...so no matter what, yours won't be the dirtiest!!!

I read all these mods on your profile and stuff were are the pics?!?!?!?!

Angry

More photos coming SOON, I promise. I've been waiting on one last item: Ron/Rudy's front skid plate. I wanna install that, then detail the hell out of my black beauty.

Of course, I'd feel better if he'd reply to my EMAILS...but no luck these last couple of weeks. Sort of spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    I haven't been to Crater Lake in, like, 35 years! I seem to remember it being COLD. But I was 8 years old then, so who cares about pneumonia?

I would be SO up for a Crater Lake drive.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

I've been near Crater Lake twice. Each time the road was closed. I tried to talk a friend into dragging a pair of snowmobiles there, but we went to Newberry Crater instead. Snowmobiles are very fun.
    I would love to see Crater Lake at least once. It seems very remote, not being on the way to anywhere.
    Jafo, I'm surprised noone bought your Ebony, I think yours was worth alot more than your asking price.
    Oly-mpia or Quinalt? I love the coast, I like the Idea of a rally / convoy.
    Last edited by Bulldoggie : 02/11/2007 at 07:06 AM

i know this thread was originally posted awhile ago.....but i would love to know if any VX meets are planned in the pacific NW in the near future?? i am a new vx owner, but a huge car enthusiast and a member of our local and national porsche and exotics club!

jody