Thread: Pacific Northwest VX Meet: Seattle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seattle in Feb, Portland in March and it takes me about the same time to get to both. Lucky me. As far as a watering hole and eat's, outdoor parking is a must. Somewhere that management will work with us and rope of a section for VX parking only with maybe a nice backdrop. Unfortcantly, I do not know Seattle well enough to pick one but would consider a road trip tomorrow if there are any suggested places to check.

Talking

That's why I like kpaske's idea about Jillian's, in Seattle. It's close to the major central I-5 exit to the Seattle Center. There are tons of parking areas outside, right along Lake Union. Good areas for photos!

Plus, the food is decent, and there are billiard tables galore!

Afterwards, photos along South Lake Union, then a short drive to Gasworks Park along North Lake Union.

Or a longer drive to West Seattle, to the Salty's on Alki parking lot...which is where I took those few photos in my vehicross.info Gallery page.

Works for me.

Here's the mapquest link if it's the one on Westlake Ave N.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...iard%20Parlors

Westlake Ave...yes, that's the one!

PAC NW Meet Regrets

All:

Man, I would be there in a heartbeat if I could. Would love to meet some other VXers other than just in cyberspace.

I am stuck here in Baghdad (again OIF I and Desert Storm) till probably December. (We are almost certain to be extended for an 18 month tour.) For wheels here I drive around an M1114 Hummer, or sit in the belly of a Stryker. When we were in Mosul my wheels on the FOB were a POS captured Iraqi sniper car.

The extremely small consolation of being stuck here is twofold. First, my VX is sitting in Steilacoom in a warm garage, and second, I have brought a Powerpoint slideshow of my VX from multiple angles, so I can scheme future mods while sitting here looking as though I am doing something Army-related. (geek)I cant spend a whole lot here other than haircuts and really crappy bootleg DVDs, so I should have a little to play with when I get back.

Am planning to do the WAAG Mercedes tube grille when I get back if I can find a good weld shop in Tacoma or Seattle. Kpaske? Figure you might have a lead. Also looking at a throatier, less restrictive muffler.

Anyway, have a few drinks for me, bang your knuckles on some steel, and maybe we can throw a mini-meet togther sometime in the future. If Im in Washington, I'll be there!

Last edited by wekilled : 02/03/2007 at 11:57 PM
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled
    All:

Man, I would be there in a heartbeat if I could. Would love to meet some other VXers other than just in cyberspace.

I am stuck here in Baghdad till probably December. I cant spend a whole lot here other than haircuts and really crappy bootleg DVDs, so I should have a little to play with when I get back.
    I was in Bandrabas Iran, back in '77. I will never forget what it was like to be Hated on sight After one day on the "beach", I returned to the ship with the same $20.00 in my pocket. I spent the rest of the time there taking others duties running the 40' utility boat back and forth just for something to do.
    The Brits. were using there zodiac to waterski, the gulf was pea green, and you could see the banded "poisonous" sea snakes swimming by the ship.
    No internet or video back then, We did bring our own beer, but at least no one was SHOOTING at us.
    All the Best, Doug. Hope we have a meet when you get back.
    Thanks, Bill
    PS I'll buy the beer.

Wish I could make it, but will be on a family trip to the coast that weekend. Be sure to take and post pics!
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggie
    I was in Bandrabas Iran, back in '77. I will never forget what it was like to be Hated on sight
    In Afghanistan it's often night and day depending on what towns you are patrolling. Some villagers are delighted to see American soldiers and will invite you in for tea and flat bread. One town even put up our entire platoon, giving us a place to stay in an empty shop because they felt it would keep the thieves and bad guys away for a while if they made friends with the Americans. It was experiences like those that I like to remember. Other towns weren't so friendly, and you could tell by the stares and mean looks that there might be trouble brewing that day.
    No internet or video back then, We did bring our own beer, but at least no one was SHOOTING at us.
    Boy, how times have changed. In two deployments the closest to alcohol I came was the night we ate in the Italian compound and got to drink a styrofoam cup's worth of wine. I hear things are very different in Iraq.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Quote Originally Posted by kpaske
    In two deployments the closest to alcohol I came was the night we ate in the Italian compound and got to drink a styrofoam cup's worth of wine. I hear things are very different in Iraq.
    yes, yes it is

i know this thread was originally posted awhile ago.....but i would love to know if any VX meets are planned in the pacific NW in the near future?? i am a new vx owner, but a huge car enthusiast and a member of our local and national porsche and exotics club!

jody