Thread: Pacific Northwest VX Meet: Seattle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PAC NW Meet Regrets

All:

Man, I would be there in a heartbeat if I could. Would love to meet some other VXers other than just in cyberspace.

I am stuck here in Baghdad (again OIF I and Desert Storm) till probably December. (We are almost certain to be extended for an 18 month tour.) For wheels here I drive around an M1114 Hummer, or sit in the belly of a Stryker. When we were in Mosul my wheels on the FOB were a POS captured Iraqi sniper car.

The extremely small consolation of being stuck here is twofold. First, my VX is sitting in Steilacoom in a warm garage, and second, I have brought a Powerpoint slideshow of my VX from multiple angles, so I can scheme future mods while sitting here looking as though I am doing something Army-related. (geek)I cant spend a whole lot here other than haircuts and really crappy bootleg DVDs, so I should have a little to play with when I get back.

Am planning to do the WAAG Mercedes tube grille when I get back if I can find a good weld shop in Tacoma or Seattle. Kpaske? Figure you might have a lead. Also looking at a throatier, less restrictive muffler.

Anyway, have a few drinks for me, bang your knuckles on some steel, and maybe we can throw a mini-meet togther sometime in the future. If Im in Washington, I'll be there!

Last edited by wekilled : 02/03/2007 at 11:57 PM
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled
    All:

Man, I would be there in a heartbeat if I could. Would love to meet some other VXers other than just in cyberspace.

I am stuck here in Baghdad till probably December. I cant spend a whole lot here other than haircuts and really crappy bootleg DVDs, so I should have a little to play with when I get back.
    I was in Bandrabas Iran, back in '77. I will never forget what it was like to be Hated on sight After one day on the "beach", I returned to the ship with the same $20.00 in my pocket. I spent the rest of the time there taking others duties running the 40' utility boat back and forth just for something to do.
    The Brits. were using there zodiac to waterski, the gulf was pea green, and you could see the banded "poisonous" sea snakes swimming by the ship.
    No internet or video back then, We did bring our own beer, but at least no one was SHOOTING at us.
    All the Best, Doug. Hope we have a meet when you get back.
    Thanks, Bill
    PS I'll buy the beer.