Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Northwest VX Meet: Seattle

Pacific Northwest VX Meet: Seattle

Hi All,

John (rowhard) and I (PHO2GR4) would like to invite all of you to our Unofficial Pacific NorthWest VX gathering, which will take place on Saturday, February 17th, 2007.

I'm thinking that lunch somewhere in Seattle would be best. After lunch, I know of a few cool locations for group VX photos. I also know (ahem) a pretty talented photographer who will be there, offering free photo services!

This will be a perfect chance to meet, compare notes, compare VXs, trade hints, tips and modification ideas. Plus, it gives you 2 1/2 weeks to get your VX all spiffed up for public viewing! (I know that I NEED at least two weeks to get my ride ready for public appearances...)

Please RSVP in this thread, or PM or email me directly for details (as they become finalized). Anybody have a good idea for a lunch spot in Seattle?

PLEASE JOIN US!

Eric

Unhappy Pacific Northwest Vx Meet

I would love to go, but I will be at the Bob Seger concert in Portland, Or on that day. Is there anyway to make it a different weekend? and maybe a little closer to Portland? Thx!!

Damn I miss Seattle.

pho2gr4, have you ever taken any shots from that small park up on Highland st.?

You can count me in.

I'm not sure what you guys have in mind for lunch, but there's a really good japanese buffet (great teriyaki, sushi, tempura, soups and salads, desserts, etc) in Seattle called "Todai", and the lunch price is a steal (about $13 I think). One caveat is the parking garage underneath isn't tall enough for my VX unless I remove my full size spare from the roof rack (most garages in Seattle aren't).

There's also a Jillians which is good for get togethers, and there is a lot of covered and uncovered parking in the vicinity. There might even be some decent photo shots nearby the lake. The food there is decent.

On the other hand, finding something outside of the city might be better if you want to avoid the traffic and congestion. I'm game for anything between Portland and Seattle.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I like the Jillian's idea! Lots of parking around there, and LOTS of photo ops around Lake Union, right across the street.

Todai is nice, but parking is a BEE-hotch.

Can we count this as two votes for Jillian's?

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman
    Damn I miss Seattle.

pho2gr4, have you ever taken any shots from that small park up on Highland st.?
    Hi Cyronman,

YES, I live up on Queen Anne Hill, and I take photos at Kerry Park all the time. It's great for portraits and weddings. Not so good for VXs, though, since you can't drive up onto the grass!!!

And hey, if you miss Seattle so much, why don't you make the drive out here for the meet?

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    Hi Cyronman,

Not so good for VXs, though, since you can't drive up onto the grass!!!

It's a VX, it'll go!!!

This sounds like fun, but I'm still short on time and money. Someday, someday, someday... When will it get better??? I'm starting to get tired of hearing myself say it.
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!

I would love to go, I drive to Winlock, Wa. every few weeks.

About 330mi. each time.
    A meet closer to Portland would be more central to Or. & Wa. VX'ers.
    The gorge is one of the most scenic places to photograph on Earth!
    Many waterfalls and viewpoints.
    Not many cars on the old Highway this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    Hi Cyronman,

And hey, if you miss Seattle so much, why don't you make the drive out here for the meet?
    I used to drive home to the Bay Area from there on 4day weekends. 12 1/2 hour drives...
    After convoying in Iraq for 12 months, road trips don't seem so bad anymore.
    I'm considering moving back up there one day, but I'm saving my first VX meet ~20 hours away from you down here!
    Can't wait for the pics though.

Talking

Total Est. Time: 18 hours, 9 minutes
    Total Est. Distance: 1259.95 miles

Nope doesn't look like I will be making that one!

What ever happened to the Las Vegas Meet? =P
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

1) I'll be in VEGAS BABY from March 25th through 29th, for a photography expo. Paris Resort. Sadly, I have to fly there rather than drive the VX, due to time constraints. Still, I'm happy to raise a glass or five with any VX owners during that time!

2) I LOVE Portland. I get down there whenever I can. Here's a dealio: you guys put together a Portland (or thereabouts) meet at the BEGINNING of March sometime...guarantee me 4 or 5 other VX-heads...and I'll throw my two dogs in my Ebony for a weekend blast.

3) But still...come on...there MUST be a few more of you who can make it to the Seattle meet?!? I'll promise FREE PHOTOS for everyone!

And it's never too early to prepare for Bart's 2008 VX Calendar!

Seattle in Feb, Portland in March and it takes me about the same time to get to both. Lucky me. As far as a watering hole and eat's, outdoor parking is a must. Somewhere that management will work with us and rope of a section for VX parking only with maybe a nice backdrop. Unfortcantly, I do not know Seattle well enough to pick one but would consider a road trip tomorrow if there are any suggested places to check.

Talking

That's why I like kpaske's idea about Jillian's, in Seattle. It's close to the major central I-5 exit to the Seattle Center. There are tons of parking areas outside, right along Lake Union. Good areas for photos!

Plus, the food is decent, and there are billiard tables galore!

Afterwards, photos along South Lake Union, then a short drive to Gasworks Park along North Lake Union.

Or a longer drive to West Seattle, to the Salty's on Alki parking lot...which is where I took those few photos in my vehicross.info Gallery page.

Works for me.

Here's the mapquest link if it's the one on Westlake Ave N.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...iard%20Parlors

Westlake Ave...yes, that's the one!