Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rebuild

rebuild

Hello, Im doing a rebuild on my VX and would like to contribute my pics of the step by step process. I havent made any contributions and would like this thread to be one BIG contribution. Id appreciate if I can atleast post pics of the proscess and data I find. I work at this reputable company and would like for you to read the history.

pettitracing.com

I build motors for a living and would have to say this is my first VXer so im taking pictures for my own referance.Why not share my knowlege of how to build a better VXer. If I blow my tranny ill post how to build a better tranny also. Piece buy piece, showing were each wire goes with the different color codes so you dont have to lable anything but vaccume hoses. Like I say I need to post alot of pics.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    moonraker. im very interested. i just blew up the motor in my vx so....

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid
    moonraker. im very interested. i just blew up the motor in my vx so....
    Wait wait wait... pbkid, first you slid into a Tahoe or something and now you blew up your motor? What's going on in Larkspur?

MoonRaker, I would like to see some detailed pics of all that stuff you plan to do. It should be interesting!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I havent heard back from any moderators. Im not a sight supporter and im not going to pay to post pics that are for my use. Like I said to them in an Email, im willing to share pics and give explinations of what im doing and why. Thats going to take me a long time to just write. Its probly going to be about 100 to 150 pics. Every detail. You might want to send them somthing in referance to this if your interested. All they have to do is push a button. I bet its going to draw more members also, only benifits.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Moonraker,

I would wait a little longer than an afternoon for Scott (the site owner) to get back to you. I assume you sent the email to him, since it didnt come to my moderator's box.

Scott works a varied schedule so give him some time. I will alert him as well about your offer.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I wrote Scott a PM and he took a few days to get back at me, not complaining, just letting you know. Some people dont have a whole lot of time. Me on the other hand have no life. So I am on here alot.

Cool CRNCNN, after I finish and break in my engine im headed that way. Tryed for a glamis newyear but had to call it off because of this problem. this is a big thanks to Isuzu for not replacing my motor when I told them that it was on its way out. That was after I purchased it and tryed my best to take good care of it and make it last. Almost 5,000 miles after warrenty experation. Isuzu you built an impressive machine but you need to take better care of your customers. Enough of that. Lets get down to buissnes.
    Last edited by MoonRaker : 02/05/2007 at 01:55 AM

First and for most, get everthing thats in the way out of the way, keep the area clean around and under the vehical. The hood, remove it, if its out of the way it keeps your head from bleeding, trust me. Next is the battery and complete air box. There is a 12mm nut/bolt combination to the left of it wich also holds an A/C line. Theres 2 12mm bolts inside the airbox also holding the airbox down. Unplug the MAF sensor theres 2 hoses also, remove them from the engine side to cut the clutter, one leads to the PCV just pop the PCV out and leave it conected to the hose and the other goes to the left side of the motor. Theres a phillips screw hose clamp holding the pipe to the throttle body. Remove the entire assembly as one piece so it speeds reassemly. Ok, ive gotten a little bit more then that done but the rest requires pics so it easyer to understand. Keep everthing organized like tools and just about everthing because theres alot more parts on the way. Bag all of the small parts with lables. Some of the bolts can be replaced without being in the way, use your own judjment on wich ones to do this with. This also helps you during assembly because it keeps you from having to figure out were it goes.

Thanks Anita, I got your PM.

Yes, I am very sorry that I'm not a fixture on the site right now. I'm right in the middle of combining 2 detective positions and a 3 million $$ upgrade to our communications center.

No one needs to, or is obliged to donate to the site. It is mearly out on the kindness of hearts to help offset the high cost of running a place like this.
    All contributions, dollars, photos, articles, etc.. are always accepted with great appreciation. You do not need to be a site supporter to have an article published.

An article the size of what you are proposing is quite an undertaking and will take some planning to get it to display correctly. Send me, by email, what you have if possible and I'll get it to where it needs to go.

Thank you again in advance for your contribution.

Scott
    Scott / moncha.com

zeus, yea i slid into a tahoe in front of my place of work like 2 days before christmas. i then got like 4 days off work around christmas so i could drive home to my parents house to visit for the holidays. i went snowboarding the other 3 days other than christmas because thats what i love to do. my motor actually blew up coming through the eisenhower tunnel.
    basically it started clicking and i figured it was probably a piece of ice or something stuck in the fan, but the clicking persisted to get louder as i drove on so i pulled over and the motor was 3 quarts low. (and i check my oil every time i go snowboarding or drive long distances and it was completely full that morning) which of course then in turn started to worry me so i pulled over, called AAA and waited 5 hours for them to send a tow truck to come get me. the motor was diagnosed as a broken rod 3 days later. apparently the rod broke and slightly cracked/dented my oil pan. so now im looking at a new motor and some new body parts.
    figuring about 5-6 grand, planning on me and a friend of mine who is a mechanic doing the motor swap.
    please wish me the best of luck everyone as am i going to need it with paying for college and now needing a bunch of stuff for my baby.
    so currently im driving my integra and will be probably until next winter at least. so, you will all see the integra in moab for a ride along with someone else =)

Ouch! What a punch to the gut! Certain people keep saying the 3.5 motor doing that is a myth or whatever but it seems to still be occurring! My '99 is right at 55,000 miles and the possibility of this happening makes me nervous... All the more reason to see what MoonRaker has in store for us.

yea i only had 79,000 on mine =(

Gotten alot done since monday, this is alot of work!!!!

Ive moved this to another sight. I havent gotten any response to the pics ive sent to the moderator here and the other sight is stoked about what im doing. It seems like they only have $$$$$ on the brain.

http://vx.lobbynetworks.net/

So write it up with all your pics, and make it a pdf (which you can post here) and be done with it. What's with the drama and expectations you have of this site? (not sight by the way). And realize most of what you are doing is covered in existing manuals and tech CDs.

You might also want to use a spell checker on your own site....
    Last edited by Tone : 02/12/2007 at 06:57 AM