Thread: JDM TOD Check Light Flashing

Unhappy JDM TOD Check Light Flashing

I really need some help. My TOD check light is constantly flashing and I have a horrible acid taste in my mouth every time I drive it. I have taken it to several local garages who advertise diagonistic reading but none of them can get anything out of it. The three Isuzu dealers I have within a 50 mile radius of my home do not even know what a Vehicross is. Any suggestions?

hi, Nick. try a search under TOD. something should pop up.

also, have you checked the tire pressure on the tires? this may have it act up.

good luck!

-jose
    2001 kaiser silver #1002

I've searched on here but none of the other postings seem relevant. Just out of interest what should the tyre pressures be? My tyres are 245x70x16.
    Thanks.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    The tire pressure should be in the 30-35 psi range...all tires being of equal pressure is very important to the TOD system.

Air em' up so they're all equal, then disconnect the battery ground for 20-30 min., to re-set the TOD computer & see if that helps.

Also important that all tires are the same size.

Hey Nick I'm in Cheshire and found it hard to get a diagnostic done.
    Kept getting replies like Oh ours can't read your memory and such.
    Bought a reader from a UK motor factors and found the problem first time.
    You might want to invest in an OBDII reader. Mine cost £30.
    If you're close I could lend it to Ya!
    I'm SK10 let me know if you're interested.
    Never pack a gob****e there's always one waiting for you when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I really need some help. My TOD check light is constantly flashing and I have a horrible acid taste in my mouth every time I drive it. I have taken it to several local garages who advertise diagonistic reading but none of them can get anything out of it. The three Isuzu dealers I have within a 50 mile radius of my home do not even know what a Vehicross is. Any suggestions?
    First, you need to read error codes.
    Indication Method of Trouble Code
    • Short-circuit terminal 8 of the self-diagnostic connector to GND to display the trouble code on the CHECK lamp.
    • If no trouble codes exist, code “12” is displayed continuously.

• If trouble codes exist, code “12” is displayed three times, and the trouble codes, starting from the smaller code number, are displayed three times respectively.

Each digit is displayed with the corresponding 0.4 sec flash and pause and with the pause 1.2 sec after ten multiplier and with 3.2 sec pause between numbers. I.e. 32 will be three 0.4 sec flashes with the 1.2 sec pause and two 0.4 sec. with the 3.2 sec pause before next number.

Once you did that please post error codes so I will post you next steps from the manual.
    2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS (build in progress): 4JX1/A340/part time, 2" body lift, front Aisin hubs, rear Aussie Locker, 4.56 gears, OEM rear sway bar disconnect, AirFlow snorkel, cabin air filter
    1980 Jeep Cherokee (assembling): 1.5" body lift, TBI, HEI
    1987 AMC Eagle: stock

When I had this...

I think it was because I had a pretty flat front tyre and a lot of wet weather. I say this because it went away once I a) pumped up the tyres all round to the same pressure b) let it dry out for a few days and c) did the computer re-set by disconnecting the battery for an hour or two. C) didn't work on its own so I think the trouble was either tyre or wet sensor related. All I know is, it went away and has not recurred now for over 6 months. Good luck finding a worthwhile dealer though, my local one is similarly ignorant about the vx. The previous owner seemed to have some luck using subaru...?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul UK
    Good luck finding a worthwhile dealer though, my local one is similarly ignorant about the vx. The previous owner seemed to have some luck using subaru...?
    I'm pretty sure Opel/Vauxhall (or which brand Troopers and Rodeo have in UK?) services should have the scanners to repair Troopers and it mostly should fit to VX. At least description of the TOD diagnostics using Check LED is exactly the same in terms of reading error codes, the engine is also almost the same...