Thread: If I can't see behind me now, I deserve to hit something.

If I can't see behind me now, I deserve to hit something.

So, in the never ending battle to see better to the rear, here's what I did yesterday.

I had the backup camera before, but the biggest problem is in low light, it is useless. I also have the RV fisheye lens on the rear window, but I have dark tint so again, in low light, it's crap. So what I have been doing before I backup in the dark is I walk behind the truck then lean out the door or window while backing up.

What I did was I installed two fog lights in the rear reflector holes to turn on with the backup lights. I also put in an override switch for if I want to turn them on for loading gear, hooking a trailer etc. Then I relocated my scan gauge and backup monitor over the mirror just because I could.

Seems to work well.

Oh yea, I am going for the, "Why hide your plate theory" If you really want to know who I am, and can't figure it out from my posts here and on other forums, just shoot me a PM and I'll email you my bio.-John

Last edited by MustangO4 : 02/11/2007 at 10:59 AM

You could also install a back up sensor that alarms when you approach something. It goes higher in frequency the closer you are too it.
    Western North Carolina...
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro
    (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Quote Originally Posted by MustangO3
    Oh yea, I am going for the, "Why hide your plate theory" If you really want to know who I am, and can't figure it out from my posts here and on other forums, just shoot me a PM and I'll email you my bio.-John

Can I get ur bank routing and account # please. I have some money I want to deposit in your account .

ya I never understood the whole licence plate thing but I respect it. i mean if someone really wanst your infi well you cant hide forever.

nice job tho. So with the back up lights does it make it easier to see how you reaer camera or was that removed?
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Yes the lights enhance the camera in the dark significantly.
    And my bank routing # is.......

nice mod