Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo
Mustang and Bart,

Thanks for the heads up. I've never heard of this and I will take Jonny's advice. I have a plane ticket already. I've found yet another Proton that has only 43k miles on it from someone on this group. I'm waiting to hear a few more details and will likely go out to CA to see it and if I like it (which so far I do very much) and the price is right, I will buy it and drive it back.

Now that I know about the oil issue I will certainly be checking it on the way back. I will get an extended warranty from my local auth. Isuzu dealer (3 yr up to 100,000 miles on the odometer for $2k) and will ask them while in for its first service if there is anything that can be done about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Johnny,
How do you know what # Proton you have or how would I know what number my Proton will be?

Thanks
Tyler
Are you looking at Ghengis', if so you might have made a good choice. I was interested in it a few months ago. Never went to see it though, decided on something else. I looked up the last four of the VIN and found that the previous owner did some nice things to it. I ran the carfax at that time too and it checked out.