Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: just throwing it out there

You can pick up a2.2 or a 2.8 turbocharged Isuzu diesel engine for about €1000,- with 50.000 mls on it.
    These engines are bulletproof thumpers!
    However, it's illegal to swap a petrol engine for a diesel in the Netherlands.
    You have to get your car aproved for the road by the government each year as soon as the car is 3 years old.
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

pbkid,

If you are going to part out, please let me know how much you want for the roof rack. I am very interested!

Thanks,
    Daniel

That really depends on the nature and extent of the failure. A reman is gonna be waaay faster and easier to do yourself, plus if you intend to stay with it, there is the warranty. Most remanufactured engines come with a pretty good one. That is also worth a few bucks for resale, as long as it can be transferred. Build it yourself and you get zero warranty, but more control of the parts used. As a tradein, it won't matter either way, and as long as it's running as it should, keep your yap shut. Don't you guys have dealers that scream, "PUSH IT,PULL IT, BLOW IT UP IN YOUR YARD,HAVE IT LAND IN OURS....7000DOLLARS FOR ANY TRADE!!!" I always wanted to roll in with one the complete wrecks in our yard, on the roll back, and start the games. Push the VX in, dressed as Berber nomads. Better still... pull it in with a donkey. Wear your best Jesus clothes. The possibilities for shenanagans are endless. Go reman. Good luck. Wayne

Forgot to say, if you do part it ... I may be interested in the roller ( the shell minus the mechanicals) as may Joe Black. We are thinking in vaguely similar directions.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ok well ill keep you guys updated. as of right now ive made a final decision that ill be selling the mods that i have for the VX to try to get some money in my bank...ill be selling:
    roof rack with yakima snowboard rack
    powervault exhaust
    stock rims and tires
    and a lot more but thats all for now....
    thanks,
    pbkid

DIBSIES on the PV Exhaust!

How old is it?

Is it the PV1 or the PV2?

How does it sound, after breaking in over time?

Is "Dibsies" even a word?
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    OMG! a roof rack! PEOPLE... RUN TO THE BANK!!!!!

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.