Thread: just throwing it out there

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

just throwing it out there

well pretty much the VX has failed me...its a blown motor...as most of you know...so before i go through the pain in the arse of rebuilding and all the business i figured i would throw it out there and see if anyone was interested in picking up a VX for parts? just trying to get what i can out of it...
    if not i will most likely be rebuilding it then selling it for a 4runner or selling/saving for a mazda CX-7
    thanks in advance. let me know

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    Oh wow, that sucks!
    Sorry to hear that that happened....though sounds like I'm a little late on knowing that. Do I just not pay attention? At any rate, what would you part it for....$$?
    *VX CHIC*

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i really dont know what its work parted...im figuring probably like 2500 to put a used motor in it if i do the work myself. and then i could probably sell it for around 10k or so...but i would also have to fix some recent body damage too if i decided to sell it as a whole which would probably end up costing me 2k...
    so basically im looking at almost 5k in repairs to sell it for 10k...so i was thinking of saving myself the headache if i could get enough for whats left of it...

jeesh.. thats rough.. id lose it if my vx died on me... **knocking on wood**

my opinion.. you should try to hang onto it, i know you had some big plans for your VX, that stuff might have to go on hold, but if i were you id at least let her sit while you save up the money for the new engine

that said id love to have a part VX! but alas.. no place to store it, but if you decide you want to part it yourself id gladly take a few parts off your hands\

good luck!

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    pb - totally sorry about this man. Just don't know what else to say... You sure you wanna sell it for parts? - and not rebuild?

If you do decide to part with her as salvage let me know. Just drop me a PM.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

I'm in the exact same boat with my 2000 Xterra. Its sitting in my buddy's garage with a dead motor. So help me god if this happens to my VX.

Do you think the engine failure was due to a dry engine? Did you burn out all your oil? This really scares me...

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    I'm in the exact same boat with my 2000 Xterra. Its sitting in my buddy's garage with a dead motor. So help me god if this happens to my VX.

Do you think the engine failure was due to a dry engine? Did you burn out all your oil? This really scares me...

Bart
    He said in another thread, he checked while on a road trip around Christmas and the oil level was fine but by the end of the day it was really low and making the dreaded clickity clack noise... This kind of thing scares the crap outta me!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"