Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Central Indiana Mini meet

I would love to go. I'll keep checking in for when a date is set. I may not have my baby all spiffed up, but I know you all will be forgiving. My mods (due to cost) may take quite some time to complete but it would be really cool to meet everyone.

By the way, I like Al
    ---------

Ty

Input Needed

THIS IS AWSOME!!!
    ok, still planning is the first part of may looking good for everyone?? still not sure about which weekend, and want to consider our crazy upper northern midwest types that will be going to moab in giving them time to recoupe.
    So here is the question, do we want a friday /saturday thing, or a saturday /sunday thing?? again thinking about recoupe time/ driving home time.
    BADLANDS
    http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/index.asp
    the office hours at badlands are 9am to 5pm, and no one can check in after the office closes. this is for the offroad park. addmission is 20.00 for one day, 30 for two day pass.Everyone must sign in before entering the park.
    *** Anyone not signed in will be considered as trespassing
    & will be subject to arrest.
    *** You must be packed and out of the park before posted times

CAMPING
    this is the site for the campground at the entrance of badlands.

http://www.atticacamping.com/

so let me know what days you all would prefer.

thanks
    david

I have to admit that I wouldn't dare take my VX off road (considering the mods I will be doing). Would I still be welcome to come? If everyone goes off road, could I ride with someone else???

David,

I work till 8pm M-F. But that does not mean I cant ask off. But a S-S would be better.

Ty,
    You are aware of the off-road capabilities of even a stock VX right?

TY,
    im strictly street at this time also, but one of the reasons i chose badlands is they have trails for stock trucks and begginer trails also, but im in the same boat. hopeing i can hop a ride with climbcovey for a rock trail, or something.......who knows, but yeah, you own a vx, so you are welcome of course

Talking

I am keeping an eye on this thread. dates will be important, but for me it depends which weekend. first weekend: fri-sat. second week: sat-sun. 3rd: fri-sat.....you get the point. but as i said before a have aliitle more flexibility then most, as long as i have enough notice. so keep me posted. Indiana give me a call when you get closer to final details. BTW of course you can ride a trail with me, but the only thing different on my vx is the tires and rims! but she did just fine in canada.
    :_drool: It's all fun and games until it can't be fixed!

Hey! I forgot to mention, unless you have seriously lowered your VX and put on racing slicks........ THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS STRICTLY STREET WHEN YOU DRIVE A VX. So, those of you who think yor VX might get a scratch, or that your VX can't handle "Indiana Offroad" its time to step up and let your VX speak for you. Besides we still want to see your VX even if you just show up and park it. You can ride with me I got room for 2 more

okay, heres the poop...........
    what do you all want to do......INPUT NEEDED
    either have a saturday sunday meet on the 5th and 6th of May,
    or
    have a friday saturday meet on the 11th and 12th, and have sunday to recoupe??
    sundays are busy days for me with church, and then getting work scheduled for the week, making calls etc. but i will sacrifice, and just leave early if i need to. i just know that some people might be driving some distance, so just trying to consider all things. so lets hear it. you all are in the plan too, and want to make it conveniant as possiable for as many as possible.

shout it, shout it, shout it out loud. which of these dates are gonna work for you all??

david

??????

Time for the first reply. I knew there was some reason I would not be able to make the 5th-6th weekend and now I figured it out. THE KENTUCKY DERBY.....I am lucky enough to have box seats for as long as I can remember. My family has had them ever since the late 60's when my famly's horses begun racing in the Derby......

The next weekend would be fine. For me at least

Side note anyone who is near the Louisville, KY area might be interested in
    http://www.hillznhollarz.com/ ....just a little bit aways from Louisville. They just opened on the 31st and I am ready to hit the trails there. I have a jeep friend coming along. Anyone interested?

But not to get off the much needed Central Indiana meet.......lets hear from some other In VX'ers. Chime in.

David, Like I said I'm game just let me know asap when you pick a date. you got the digits...

VEHICROSS MINI MEET.....BADLANDS.....MAY 12th & 13th.......

I have to apologize to you guys. I havent posted anything, because i wasnt sure if i would even have my vx to bring to the meet, and I broke my toe. but it should be healed, and my vx will be "healed" also, so im back in the saddle, fired up about meeting all of you that can come and making our mark on the trails and whatnot.

so, if you would, PLEASE RSVP either by pm-ing me, or just post yeah or nay on this thread. I will also PM a form letter stating the same to anyone who has posted on this thread. I am also PM ing anyone in indiana that still seems active on the members list.

i hope everyone has kinda kept this time open in their minds. again i apologize for not being definate sooner. stuff happens.....

so there it is. lets hear it all you indiana vxers........who's with me????

david

Sorry guys, this is the date of my bachelor party...

*tap tap tap.......is this thing on??? hello??

Im down. I talked to jkstephens83 and he said he and his friend jgrish are coming and camping as well. How would bringing a jeep buddy be?