Thread: question to those with Alpine SC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My advise....put it on Gary.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinMA
    My advise....put it on Gary.
    Oh, I am. Currently in the garage tearing it down. Playing hell with the fuel injector wiring. Little bastages arent the easiest things to unplug.

Looking more into it.... the documentation states NIL about the throttle body and accelerator cable. Looks like when it comes to that, I am gonna need the assistance of my complete NASCAR loving gearhead of a brother-in-law.

Taking my time on it so I have nothing but time. Sure beats being lazy and getting a shop to do the install for $800. Feels good to be under a hood again.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    You are correct, the drain/ fill plug is on the front. From what I've read, a syringe with a small vinyl hose attatched will get most of the oil out.
    I think GM supercharger oil is recommended.

I ran into a jam. I have contacted Tone but I am not sure he can help me with this issue since the kit has been in my possession for 3 years, untouched until now. Basically, I never recieved an extended cruise cable and bracket. So, I am probably gonna have to fab my own bracket and spline my own cable. In any case, I have a favor to ask.... can someone with the S/C please snap a shot of the rear of their S/C, preferably giving me reference to the throttle body and it's relation to where the cruise and accel brackets mount on the bell housing? I am interested in seeing where the brackets mount and how your cruise and accel cables are tucked away behind the S/C. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I am still playing hell with the injector harnesses. I did them once before.... now I can't remember how in the hell I got them off.

Arrow

Alpine can supply you with the correct bracket and cable - it is pretty complex with rollers to properly route the cables.

Oil should be changed by removing the hex bolts at the front of the charger (not the nose cone ones) and catch the fluid with a rag. Then reseal and refill .

Pull out the blue clip on the injector clip and then use a small screwdriver to depress the plastic locking tab on the injector plug - pull gently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Alpine can supply you with the correct bracket and cable - it is pretty complex with rollers to properly route the cables.

Oil should be changed by removing the hex bolts at the front of the charger (not the nose cone ones) and catch the fluid with a rag. Then reseal and refill .

Pull out the blue clip on the injector clip and then use a small screwdriver to depress the plastic locking tab on the injector plug - pull gently.
    Thanks Tone. When you say "route" the cables with rollers, are you refering to in the engine bay or the process of actually creating the new extended cruise cable? Please excuse my confusion. Is the cable something I should deal directly with Alpine or is it something I can aquire through your services?

As for the injector clips, ya, that all sounds familiar and I have been doing just that which you said. I will try again when it isnt midnight and with a doberman pulling on my ankle.

Thanks for the response.

my kit didnt have it either and im still waiting for it (4 months and counting). i can tell you what i am doing in the mean time. im assuming you have the regular throttle bracket that goes on the back of the s/c. i went to auto zone looking for a flat metal bracket of some sorts. i ended up with a "super chrome alternator mounting bracket" or whatever. it was like $4. it was thick enough. so i took it home and beat it flat. it already had holes in it so that was a plus. the cables have a part with no threads that is thinner than the rest. you need to chisel out just enough to where the this part of the cable can slide into the bracket. that way, once you slide it back it cant fall off b/c the threads will be thicker than what you chiseled out. the washers are for spacing as the cc cable must be closer the the throttle body. i would take a picture for you but im not in the country. so i give my awsome ms paint rendition. alpine told me the guy that makes them isnt there anymore. but they would send one as soon as they made one. this seems to work fine. and you can make one with a spare peice of metal, a drill and a hacksaw just get the Throttle body on first then kind of eye ball it to line up where the cc cable should mount do have a straight shot at it.