Thread: Im sick of this white #@!&* !!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I feel ya. I missed work the last 2 days because of it. Couldnt take the VX cause its in the garage, and the WRX is in the driveway blocking it. It took 4 1/2 hours yesterday of chipping and shoveling HEAVY ice and snow to get the WRX out of the way. By then, the roads were clear enough to drive ok. Except this morning when I got to the county my work is in.... I swear, Montgomery County doesnt have plows or something. My poor WRX was bottoming out on the snow and ice rutted streets. My front bumper looks like holy hell now. I guess thats what you get when you put a lowered sport suspension on a car. Tomorrow, the VX comes out to play. I have no faith in this county clearing the roads by the weekend.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

im having lots of fun with my vx in the snow/ice! my wheels have barely even been slipping and ive been out quite a bit.. my roommate got his a4 quattro stuck in a pile of snow and ive he tried to park in (awd is usless when the snow deeper than your frame..) so i got to use my tow strap for the first time to drag him out

hey wormgod, im headed down to frederick this weekend..how are the main roads?
    Last edited by etlsport : 02/15/2007 at 09:07 AM

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    im having lots of fun with my vx in the snow/ice! my wheels have barely even been slipping and ive been out quite a bit.. my roommate got his a4 quattro stuck in a pile of snow and ive he tried to park in (awd is usless when the snow deeper than your frame..) so i got to use my tow strap for the first time to drag him out

hey wormgod, im headed down to frederick this weekend..how are the main roads?
    Whoop, sorry I missed your post. Been hectic at work so I missed a few days of checking the forums.

In Frederick County, main roads AND backroads have been great. Its Montgomery County that sucks a turnip. The main roads are still crappy and many backroads are still unplowed (even this morning!). One of the wealthiest counties in the country and they cant remove less than 3" of snow and ice. 2 1/2 hours to get 7 miles on highway 270 Friday night because.... they simply "forgot" to plow the far right lane, which meant 2 on and offramps were totally missed. *shakes head*