Well, I am preparing to buy new wheels and tires for my VX. I was planning to do this w/o a lift, but I decided to go with a lift since I need new shocks and springs anyway. I used to have a set of 22-inchers, and they really gave my suspension a beating—I’m bouncing pretty bad…

Anyway, after reading a lot of comments, I think I’m going to go with the Rancho RS900Xs and OME 912s. I found the Ranchos on http://www.independent4x.com for $85/shock and the OME 912s on www.rocky-road.com for $66.02/spring. Please let me know if there are better sites to search for pricing. Am I correct that this will give me an approximate 3” lift? Also, I think I read somewhere that the front torsion bars will need turned up about 2” or 6 turns. I am going to have the lift done by a 4x4 shop—is there any special instruction I should give them? Any basic prices for this job? Any other tips you can offer. I wasn’t sure if I should let them trim the cladding and beat the wheel wells or just do it myself (if needed).

As for wheels ‘n tires, I am leaning towards the Rock Crawler Series 87 16x8 (PART# PCW87-6883) found on www.4wheelparts.com for $74 w/ LT285/75R16/D BFG A/T KOs or possibly Mud Terrains. I was going to go with the American Racing Chamber w/ Teflon 16x8s, but they run about twice as much.

However, I’m curious if anyone can offer opinions on the Interco Super Swamper SSR tires. They seem to be quite cheaper than the BFGs—I really like the appearance of the Super Swampers, and the online reviews seem decent. I’m looking for the biggest tire possible with a 3” lift which seems to be 33” x 11”. Also considering the Nitto Terra Grappler LT285/75/R16s. I’ve got my cutting tools and hammers ready…!