Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Morgan-Tec muffler do I want?

Question Which Morgan-Tec muffler do I want?

Hi all,

You're all smarter than me. Which Morgan-Tec muffler do I want? Just tell me and I'll buy it. I'm easy that way.

Single in single out? Single in dual out? Dual in single out? Dual in dual out?

Stainless or mild steel?

Which inlet tubing size? 2.25 inches, 2.5 or 3.0?

Which outlet tubing size? 2.25 inches, 2.5 or 3.0?

My thoughts: nobody will really SEE the muffler, so would the $20 Stainless Steel upgrade cost be better spent elsewhere? Do larger outlet tubes mean MORE noise or less? Or is it just for looks?

Also: everyone says this, but I mean it: I DON'T want a farty rice-rocket sound...I want a meaty, throaty, mean old growly sound. Mainly I just want some extra horses, though.

Ideas? Thoughts?
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Awesome questions, I was ready to post this very thread myself in about a month.

Can't wait to see some opinions.

Single In/Dual Out, 2.5"-3.0" outlet, inlet size dunno, stainless.

thats what i would have gotten if i had the money...
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

anything you can get.. last i heard morgan-tec isnt making parts anymore

i was gonna go with a 2.5 single in single out with extra baffles to keep volume down

i also remeber reading somewhere that the position of your muffler relative to the exhaust tip will change your sound some.... dont remember how but i think it was the closer your muffler is to the exhaust tip the louder its going to be

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Thumbs up

I've had a morgan-tec stainless on for about 2 years now and I love it. Single in / Dual out 2.25" and I also had him weld some extra baffles inside to soften it. Great workmanship.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Arrow

I don't want to bum anybody out but my understanding is he will not be offering mufflers any more - he changed jobs and they were not as forgiving to his other 'business'. We had been working on a custom muffler for the ML and after 2 prototypes he had to call it quits.

Okay, etlsport and Tone, you guys are TOTALLY BUMMING ME OUT, man. I find it hard to believe that somebody would stop making mufflers for our beloved VXs. Next you'll tell me that Nikon is phasing out film cameras!...

...what's that? Nikon IS phasing out film cameras?!? DAMN!

Oh well. I sent a contact form to Morgan-Tec via their website, and I'll report back with any replies I receive.

It is true

Well i guess its my turn to bum everyone out. I am down for now, i started a new job and i honestly have no time for morgan-tec as well as losing my hookup for material. I will stay in touch with you guys for sure and if anything changes i will make sure that you guys are the first to know. On a side note i am selling the axiom in full trim, its on ebay for 17,500, which is a total steal!!!! Anyways i am always here for any of your performance and or exhaust ?s so feel free to email me or pm me. Thanks to all of you for your support and business.

Mike
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Well, Shiite.

Any other options?!? Anyone? PowerVault is gone too.

Am I stuck with my rusty old stock muffler for LIFE?!?

Why not just get a normal performance muffler like a Borla, Hooker, Flowmaster, SuperTrapp, etc?

BWAAAA-haa ha...you said 'Hooker'.

Sorry.

I guess I was 'hooked' on the idea of the Morgan-Tec muffler bcause so many VXers had good luck with them.

I can check out Flowmaster and the others, I suppose.

I had contacted Mike (Morgan tec) earlier. He suggested Magna Flow for similar sound and quality. I know nothing more about them then I do PV's or Mike's home made one's, just thought I would share what he said.

WTF!!!

I was looking into the dual outlet muffler for my next mod. GRRR. I was under the VX today doing the lift and almost cried at how skinny those pipes are.

Unhappy

this is a bummer... I buy my VX wanting to buy stuff from Ron, then he quits, and/or the parts i wanted are discontinued, now i planned on buying some parts from MT next month when my cash flow evens out, and then he has to quit?!

i guess i have to find a new vehicle?! oops did i say that out loud?!

[ducks 'n hides!]

Quote Originally Posted by Knigh7s
    this is a bummer... I buy my VX wanting to buy stuff from Ron, then he quits, and/or the parts i wanted are discontinued, now i planned on buying some parts from MT next month when my cash flow evens out, and then he has to quit?!

i guess i have to find a new vehicle?! oops did i say that out loud?!

[ducks 'n hides!]
    getting frustrating isnt it