Thread: GRINDING AT CERTIN SPEEDS hellllpppp!!!!!

GRINDING AT CERTIN SPEEDS hellllpppp!!!!!

I HAVE A 99' VX IRONMAN WITH 47,000 MI IT IS MAKING LIKE A GRINDING NOISE AT LIKE 45 AND 30 TO 35 AND WHEN I LET OFF THE GAS AT THESE SPEED AND AT LIKE 50 TO 55 IT HAPPENS RANDOMLY I THINK ITS THE REAR END BUT I CANNOT TELL . I HAVE PUT MY HEAD BY THE TRANNY WHEN IT MAKES THE NOISE BUT THE CAR IS SO SHORT I CANT TELL IF IT IS JUST THE NOISE VIBRATING THROUGH THE TRUCK. SORRY FOR MY POOR GRAMMER I AM FROM OKLAHOMA. LOL! PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN THANK YOU.

Hard to E-diagnose this one. Check the fluid level in the trans and rears(site search for the how to) Raise the front end and check the bearings. If all these things are ok, get it to the doc while it still runs; do not wait for total failure Wayne

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Make sure your tire pressure is equal in all tires.. just a precaution.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Are you lifted? Most VX's when lifted make a noise when you let of the gas at speed.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Yes Its Lifted But The Noise Didnt Start Till Lately I Checked Tire Pressure And Front Bearings I Have Also Changed Rear Diff. Fluid I Think I Will Service The Tranny And See What Happens And If That Fails I Guess I'll Have Little Choice But Take Her To The Vet. I Really Thank You For Your Help. And Sorry It Takes Me A While To Write Back Im In The Military And Work A Real Crazy Schedule. But Thank You Once Agin And Any New Ideas You Guys Have Would Be Great.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4boy
    ...And See What Happens And If That Fails I Guess I'll Have Little Choice But Take Her To The Vet. ....
    Ummm... To get Her Fixed???
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4boy
    Yes Its Lifted But The Noise Didnt Start Till Lately I Checked Tire Pressure And Front Bearings I Have Also Changed Rear Diff. Fluid I Think I Will Service The Tranny And See What Happens And If That Fails I Guess I'll Have Little Choice But Take Her To The Vet. I Really Thank You For Your Help. And Sorry It Takes Me A While To Write Back Im In The Military And Work A Real Crazy Schedule. But Thank You Once Agin And Any New Ideas You Guys Have Would Be Great.
    Maybe I missed something in an earlier post ...but have you checked the U-joints?

I would think about brakes too. If you pads are worn down, you may get some random grinding here and there...

Bart

I had the same noise coming from the front end - and believe me it IS the front end that is grinding, 4x4boy. My VX is lifted and the noise was coming on at random at accelleration and at higher speeds if I let go of gas.
    Few weeks ago I grenaded my front differential. We disconnected my front wheels and front drive shaft. I made it to Chicago, around 120 miles, without any noise.
    4x4boy, if it's not your driveshaft, the culprit most likely is your differential. There was a couple of other members on the board that had simmilar problems with griding noise, and some of them ended up replacing front diff...
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com