This weekend I drove an 800 mile round trip to try out a car I didn't want to buy.

Crazy, huh? The thing is that there are so few VXs in the UK that one coming up for sale is pretty rare so the chance to try one is not something to be missed. This one had been in the UK since 1999 and had had 3 owners. Not too bad, but the killer for me was that it had no service history whatsoever. Nothing. Rien. Nada. Oh yeah, and being a Scot the price was a bit on the high side (short arms, deep pockets, etc., etc....)

Anyhow, I loved it. It burbled, it cornered flat and in a not-at-all-tall-vehicle way, the Recaro seats were super-comfy (fabric in JDM spec) whilst the Momo wheel was a joy to hold. The slushmatic was smooth and the shifts almost imperceptible whilst the (3.2 litre) engine pulled strongly with a twitch of my right foot.

And it burbled. Better than a 350Z we decided.

So anyhow, I'll be looking for a JDM spec 1999 or later in any colour other than yellow or white (preferably black). An A-bar and chunkier wheels will be desirable

Cheers folks. I know I haven't posted much but I have been reading and absorbing what you've all been saying.

:thumbsup:

Alan