Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: New Muffler Ideas / Specs?

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    3" dual will be too big. Do you mean you want to do a single 3"? If you want dual exhaust, I woudl not go over 2.25" each.

A racing muffler is like having no muffler at all, Gustavo. I honestly don't think you will be happy with it.

Good luck!
    No,no 3,00 " pipes,actually one of the guys called me today sharing few tips after he review the engine's specs. He said no duals at all.

Single pipe each side 2,25".

If i still want the dual each side he said 2,00" is enough because of the back pressure issue.

I'm clear about the pipes,but what about the mufflers ? I do want straight-flow mufflers,but unclear about which one
    Dakar was just the begining.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Gustavo,

I would recommend a single 2.5" or 2.75" pipe from where the two pipes from the catalytic convertors merge together. This 2.5" setup made my VX jump off the line - a very nice performance enhancement

I had a FlowMaster Delta 40 or Delta 50 muffler first, but it was just too loud inside. I just replaced it with a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler (see my post above) and I am very happy with it. It still has some bark to it, but it is much quieter inside.

The muffler was like $65 or $70 delivered, and I paid another $225 to have the pipes and the muffler installed.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    Gustavo,

I would recommend a single 2.5" or 2.75" pipe from where the two pipes from the catalytic convertors merge together. This 2.5" setup made my VX jump off the line - a very nice performance enhancement

I had a FlowMaster Delta 40 or Delta 50 muffler first, but it was just too loud inside. I just replaced it with a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler (see my post above) and I am very happy with it. It still has some bark to it, but it is much quieter inside.

The muffler was like $65 or $70 delivered, and I paid another $225 to have the pipes and the muffler installed.

Good luck!
    The loud issue wouldn't be a issue for me;My stereo is always pumping hard no matter what.

I'll still check those flowmaster muffler to see if i may head that way