Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Muffler Ideas / Specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    Why don't you get a normal exhaust tip, an oxy-acetylene torch and a bucket of (used)oil and black oxide coat the tip.
    Hey guys, don't mean to butt in, but i read this, and i've never heard of this before, how do you do it? This sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by djkymar View Post
    I have the single-in, single-out Flowmaster Off-Road Extreme. I love it! I'm sure you could work out a way to have another exhaust pipe welded on, but I really don't think you'll need the dual-out feature.

OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4 View Post
    I have the single-in, single-out Flowmaster Off-Road Extreme. I love it! I'm sure you could work out a way to have another exhaust pipe welded on, but I really don't think you'll need the dual-out feature.

DOOLZ - R - COOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    as far as the rattling sound..could it be your heat shields that are on your exhaust pipes near your cats...mine broke off and were hanging on the pipes making a rattling sound...I just scrapped them.
    I agree, check your heat shields, I noticed a ratttling at idle on mine when I first got it and one of the heat shields was practically just lying on the exhaust pipe all loose, very easy to fix

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4 View Post

I love your video sounds.... that's just what I'm looking for! Would keeping the stock tip be the same if I don't care about looks? You don't say much about your tip except that it's carbon fiber.... where did you find it? Link? You definitely love it after a month? I think I wanna go for it! I can't take that 'car' sound my VX makes any more, especially after test driving an FJCruiser. It's scary ugly but is fast and sounds cool.
    Canadian VXer!

3A racing performance

Now i am obsessed with adding two 3A racing performance mufflers,the models are 63-0542

Actually i got a bunch of upgrades in mind such as the sun roof,20x8.5 wheels,tail light & head lights GTS covers,WRX hood scoop from subaru,HID head lights & racing strips decals.
    Dakar was just the begining.

muffler

Hey guys i know this thread is kind of old,but since it was concerning mufflers & mods i've been thinking of running two 2.25" pipes & add two 3A racing round mufflers with a 3.50" outlet.

Now,my thoughts are what could be the possible outcome of the sound of two mufflers of this kind on a VX

I replaced the old OEM muffler for a smaller mufler of the same kind & it sounds very good

But always loved the way those mufflers roars in the honda civic coupe & the acura SXT.

I've seen the JDM VX with this mods & looks very good though.

I'll apprettiate all inputs guys

I've planned to have this mod done next month.today i ordered a full set of GTS smoked head & tail light covers,they shall be delivered by the 26th of this month.

Interested in the outcome...

Myself, I'd consider a crossover "X" pipe if you are considering true duals (3 cylinders per pipe). It'll help blend the exhaust note.

I'm quite curious to hear about your outcome, I was going to try a similar route once upon a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Myself, I'd consider a crossover "X" pipe if you are considering true duals (3 cylinders per pipe). It'll help blend the exhaust note.

I'm quite curious to hear about your outcome, I was going to try a similar route once upon a time...
    Yes,it got to be very outstanding the way two of those kind of mufflers would sound;It will also improve the VX already sporty appearance.

After this mod my next task is new wheels & tires, 20x8.5 with 15mm off set is my choice,but i must confirm they'll fit without any lift mods otherwise i'll stick to the 18x8.5.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Gussie, I'm not sure how much performance you're going to gain with a custom exhaust setup without a supercharger or turbo. If you go to 3.5" pipes, you might even lose performance - oversizing the exhaust too much often reduces torque near idle.

This muffler is getting installed on my VX this week.

I finally succumbed to the FlowMaster - I can't stand that thing! It's wonderful at idle, but it's brutally loud at any engine speed above 1500 rpm, inside and out.

Anyone want it? Yours for the cost of shipping...

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    Gussie, I'm not sure how much performance you're going to gain with a custom exhaust setup without a supercharger or turbo. If you go to 3.5" pipes, you might even lose performance - oversizing the exhaust too much often reduces torque near idle.

I finally succumbed to the FlowMaster - I can't stand that thing! It's wonderful at idle, but it's brutally loud at any engine speed above 1500 rpm, inside and out.

Anyone want it? Yours for the cost of shipping...
    Yes,3.50" is way too much i'll stick to the 2.25 or 2,00" pipe diameter.
    Thanks for your advises guys

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post

Yay!!! The Dynomax muffler is GREAT! Still louder than stock, but not deafening inside and out like that P.O.S. FlowMaster. I can even hear my supercharger whine again!

Happy-happy! Joy! Joy!

Flowtech muffler

Guys there's another option i've considering about the dual exhaust i'm about to do in the following weeks.

3A racing mufflers bullet straight model is at the top of my list,but the flowtect mufflers also swing around my mind

Do any one of guys had ever this muffler installed & if you do how was the outcome ?

I'll hold to the 2,50" diameter pipes,the guys at the shop lifted the VX & suggested me that,they also said never saw a VX before so they were impressed about the exterior design & interior. ( VX moment )

If i decide to go with the 3A RACING they told me that 3,00" outlet is enough So i'll need your expertise to have a decision.

3" dual will be too big. Do you mean you want to do a single 3"? If you want dual exhaust, I woudl not go over 2.25" each.

A racing muffler is like having no muffler at all, Gustavo. I honestly don't think you will be happy with it.

Good luck!