Thread: New Muffler Ideas / Specs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Myself, I'd consider a crossover "X" pipe if you are considering true duals (3 cylinders per pipe). It'll help blend the exhaust note.

I'm quite curious to hear about your outcome, I was going to try a similar route once upon a time...
    Yes,it got to be very outstanding the way two of those kind of mufflers would sound;It will also improve the VX already sporty appearance.

After this mod my next task is new wheels & tires, 20x8.5 with 15mm off set is my choice,but i must confirm they'll fit without any lift mods otherwise i'll stick to the 18x8.5.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Gussie, I'm not sure how much performance you're going to gain with a custom exhaust setup without a supercharger or turbo. If you go to 3.5" pipes, you might even lose performance - oversizing the exhaust too much often reduces torque near idle.

This muffler is getting installed on my VX this week.

I finally succumbed to the FlowMaster - I can't stand that thing! It's wonderful at idle, but it's brutally loud at any engine speed above 1500 rpm, inside and out.

Anyone want it? Yours for the cost of shipping...

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    Gussie, I'm not sure how much performance you're going to gain with a custom exhaust setup without a supercharger or turbo. If you go to 3.5" pipes, you might even lose performance - oversizing the exhaust too much often reduces torque near idle.

I finally succumbed to the FlowMaster - I can't stand that thing! It's wonderful at idle, but it's brutally loud at any engine speed above 1500 rpm, inside and out.

Anyone want it? Yours for the cost of shipping...
    Yes,3.50" is way too much i'll stick to the 2.25 or 2,00" pipe diameter.
    Thanks for your advises guys

Yay!!! The Dynomax muffler is GREAT! Still louder than stock, but not deafening inside and out like that P.O.S. FlowMaster. I can even hear my supercharger whine again!

Happy-happy! Joy! Joy!

Flowtech muffler

Guys there's another option i've considering about the dual exhaust i'm about to do in the following weeks.

3A racing mufflers bullet straight model is at the top of my list,but the flowtect mufflers also swing around my mind

Do any one of guys had ever this muffler installed & if you do how was the outcome ?

I'll hold to the 2,50" diameter pipes,the guys at the shop lifted the VX & suggested me that,they also said never saw a VX before so they were impressed about the exterior design & interior. ( VX moment )

If i decide to go with the 3A RACING they told me that 3,00" outlet is enough So i'll need your expertise to have a decision.

3" dual will be too big. Do you mean you want to do a single 3"? If you want dual exhaust, I woudl not go over 2.25" each.

A racing muffler is like having no muffler at all, Gustavo. I honestly don't think you will be happy with it.

Good luck!

3" dual will be too big. Do you mean you want to do a single 3"? If you want dual exhaust, I woudl not go over 2.25" each.

A racing muffler is like having no muffler at all, Gustavo. I honestly don't think you will be happy with it.

Good luck!
    No,no 3,00 " pipes,actually one of the guys called me today sharing few tips after he review the engine's specs. He said no duals at all.

Single pipe each side 2,25".

If i still want the dual each side he said 2,00" is enough because of the back pressure issue.

I'm clear about the pipes,but what about the mufflers ? I do want straight-flow mufflers,but unclear about which one

Gustavo,

I would recommend a single 2.5" or 2.75" pipe from where the two pipes from the catalytic convertors merge together. This 2.5" setup made my VX jump off the line - a very nice performance enhancement

I had a FlowMaster Delta 40 or Delta 50 muffler first, but it was just too loud inside. I just replaced it with a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler (see my post above) and I am very happy with it. It still has some bark to it, but it is much quieter inside.

The muffler was like $65 or $70 delivered, and I paid another $225 to have the pipes and the muffler installed.

Good luck!