Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: "Opening up a Little" or, show a little

Thumbs up

I have a relative that was in the Alamo. He would be my great, great, great grandfather on my father's side. He was a small boy when all the fighting took place.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Talking

Zeus, you're thinkin' my waves! RE: vxDakineChicvx that my wife would be relieved as I visit 40 this year, so am out of the running there. Plus I'm still working on the "Grizzled old Sea Dog" look. LOL!

I too was hit in by a car doing high speed after school, but in my case it was on my bike riding home and swerved into street to avoid obstacle. BAM! (Followed shortly thereafter by "Thud!") Cops responded and didn't call ambulance as I was lucid enough to worry about getting home in time to catch Star Trek. Don't remember much after that except waking up in hospital a day or so later. I eventually got my revenge by t-boning a Fiero (totalling it) with a GPz550 and arcing high enough over that I didn't slide upon reconnecting with the planet 60 feet on the other side of the car. I'd give good money for a video of that!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I have snapped my left humorous completely off (snowboarding accident.) Had to have a 7 inch titanium rod in it for over a year complete with 5 screws, and a morphine pump for 3months.

Not including the above more than a couple hundered random stiches.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Black
    Zeus, you're thinkin' my waves! RE: vxDakineChicvx that my wife would be relieved as I visit 40 this year, so am out of the running there. Plus I'm still working on the "Grizzled old Sea Dog" look. LOL!

I too was hit in by a car doing high speed after school, but in my case it was on my bike riding home and swerved into street to avoid obstacle. BAM! (Followed shortly thereafter by "Thud!") Cops responded and didn't call ambulance as I was lucid enough to worry about getting home in time to catch Star Trek. Don't remember much after that except waking up in hospital a day or so later. I eventually got my revenge by t-boning a Fiero (totalling it) with a GPz550 and arcing high enough over that I didn't slide upon reconnecting with the planet 60 feet on the other side of the car. I'd give good money for a video of that!
    So I think you explained 2 of your concussions then! Did you pose yourself like Superman when you were flying? I would love to see that! Out of curiousity, do you recall what episode of Star Trek was worth that incident? Tell me it was the Tribbles... Gotta love the Tribbles!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

In the early 1970's I was Swimming for the University of Missouri. I got to swim in the same pool and race against Mark Spitz in a swimming meet. For those of you who don't know Mark Spits. In 1972 he set 7 world records and won 7 olympic gold medals in swimming at the Munich Olympics.
    I tried out for the olympic team but did not make it.

some of you already know this, i got my licence in 2002.. and have been in 4 accidents that resulted in my car (or the car i was in..) being totaled..

during my DRIVERS ED course i pulled off the road to let my instuctor write some things down and make a phone call, as i was parked on the side of the road a drunk driver in an explorer hit the back of my car at approx 40 and drove ontop of it, coming to rest with his front tires in my trunk and front grille pushed up against the backs of the front seats.. got out no problem didnt even draw blood

girl i was dating (and oddly enough, am now dating again..) rear ended a saturn with her 84 honda pos with enough force to knock the hood clean off her car (hood opened from windshield) walked away without a scratch

woman in a ford explorer identical to the one that hit my drivers ed car ran a redlight and T boned my subaru outback directly on the drivers door.. which then knocked me off the road into the light post.. (at 35-40mph)

greyhound bus changed lanes without looking on the I95 south and clipped the front end of my civic at 80mph which caused me to get sideways and then flip, i blacked out in mid air but my gf who was with me said the car landed upside down on the guard rail, bounced off, rolled again and skidded to a stop on the hood in the northbound lanes.. where apparently got out of the car under my own power, walked into the median and layed down... i woke up in the medivac a lil bit later with my head split from my hairline all the way back and a host of other things.. 5 days later i was able to stand for about 10 minutes on my own so they let me out of the hospital and a week after that i was back to work

oh yea, my gf with me in the civic.. not a scratch on her
    Last edited by etlsport : 03/05/2007 at 01:19 PM

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by vxDAKINECHICvx
    I only date guys older than 40.

I'm over 40! Wooo Hoooo
    XOXOXO!!!!
    My "baggage" includes two young girls.
    I do believe in guardian Angels, I've lived through too many life and death events not to.
    Details of events, may take several pages just to cover the high points.
    Getting my shoulder rebuilt this thursday, always something....

I'm in the wheelhouse, one of my past lives
    Last edited by Bulldoggie : 03/07/2007 at 07:42 AM

Well,

In addition to being an incredilble couch potato. I am quite boring. Feel sorry for my wife sometimes.

CrnCnn, isn't it nice to be boring after reading these other guy's write-ups

Oh, behave!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    "My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy - the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really."
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    CrnCnn, isn't it nice to be boring after reading these other guy's write-ups
    Yeah, seems less painfull

I am related to both Harrison presidents. And General George Patton is my Great grandfather.

I once kicked a gooney bird on Midway Island. Maybe more than once. It was "against the law" in those days (~1975). They can really be annoying!

I could have written that I totalled my Honda Nighthawk on I-66 when I hit a truck muffler in morning rush hour traffic. Or that I totalled my first '70 Torino Cobra when the throttle stuck and then the tranny went into reverse instead of nuetral, resulting in a 180 degrees spin, hitting a tree going backwards at about 60 mph. I walked away from both.

Almost forgot... I've climbed to the summit of Mt. Fuji in Japan.
    Last edited by Cobrajet : 03/06/2007 at 04:21 AM
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

I'm Naked. :bgwg:

<note to self> never ride in a vehicle with Etlsport...

I never date guys under 40 either,, then again probably cuzz I'm over 40 :-)

I've been thru 2 volcanos,, Mt. St. Helens in Wa. state and Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines. Lived on the military base in Subic Bay, was evacuated out of the 2' and more ash and devastation by ship to Cebu Philippines, then to Guam, then Hawaii to San Fran then home state of Wa. Was a miserable 8 days of travel with two small kids. We were sent back to Subic Bay a month later. Nothing like tons of ash in 104 degree weather..... ahhh those were the days.