Thread: Seattle Mini-Meet: Photos! 3/10/2007

Seattle Mini-Meet: Photos! 3/10/2007

Well, the Official Pacific Northwest VX Meet happened today. I'm happy to report that attendance was 100% higher than if only one person had shown up!

Which is to say that there were two of us...John (rowhard) and Eric (PHO2GR4). We compared VXs in the rain for awhile, then went inside Jillian's for sandwiches and beer.

After lunch: Photo Shoot! Now you can compare a debadged Dragon Green side-by-side with a slightly-lifted Ebony. Forgive the fact that the muddy streets gave both of our rides a distinctly unwashed appearance.

I want to thank John for making the drive up from Olympia! Our next NW meet will be planned for April, and it can be anywhere south of Seattle. Tacoma, Olympia, Portland...anywhere, as long as we can beat this record attendance of two!

And now, for your viewing pleasure:

OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Great shots. Hopefully out Central Indiana meet will work. Your photography is going to help for the next years calander.

More meets = more photos = better calendars!

I'll try to time my Utah trip for the ZuZoo gathering. Do we already have specific dates for that event? Who is confirmed to attend?

I'm just making a long round-trip...taking the dogs and camping wherever. I'll most likely drive through Oregon and Idaho to reach Utah, and then maybe I'll loop across Nevada and up through California and back through Oregon to get home. There's some good flyfishing in some of those areas.

Yeah. Um, long drive. But its been YEARS since I've taken a really good road-trip. I just waited until I had a low-MPG vehicle and really high gas prices before making my plans. Brilliant.

BTW, any VXers in those western states...if you'd like to have a series of mini-meets, I'm up for it!

Thumbs up

First off, I want to thank Eric for taking the time to come out and shoot photos of our mini meet in between the rain showers. But we live in Washington, the Evergreen State. Being my first meet, and for all of you new VX’ers that haven’t gotten together with other VX owners, it was a true pleasure to meet someone that shares the passion and to show off our VX’s and the mod’s that have been done. Am sure if there had been 3 or more of us, the people driving by rubber necking would of stopped and shared the experience. So lets put another Pacific Northwest met together for this coming April, either in Seattle, Portland or somewhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    Am sure if there had been 3 or more of us, the people driving by rubber necking would of stopped and shared the experience.
    haha yea having a convoy of VXs its lots of fun! last year we drove 4 through valley forge and turned lots of heads then we met up with a 5th and turned even more heads... haha and saw a random ebony! ahhh... need another meet! anyway definately people who havent been to one.. id highly recommend it.. quite an experience

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

A funny thing happened to me yesterday as I was leaving work. It was around 2 pm, I'm pulling out of a parking garage in downtown Seattle, and what do I see coming straight towards me? An Astral VX with two male passengers in the front (I couldn't see into the back). Thinking it was someone from the mini-meet, I waved and tried to hurry up around the block to see if I could catch them, but to no avail. Of course, I was driving my Jetta, so they surely wouldn't have recognized me.

One of these days we'll get it together, guys. Yesterday is the last Saturday I was scheduled to work on that particular contract, so hopefully if my next job works out the way I'm hoping, I won't need to work any more weekends.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I just had shoulder surgery (right), so typing is hard for me.
    I need 4-6 weeks but I want to meet in Portland area (gorge?)
    Mine will be the dirty one.

Hey Bulldoggie, I type like that all the time, or maybe it's that I type religiously, seek and tho shall find,... whatever

Since you going to be laid up for a while, maybe you could put together a meet down your way at the gorge in say,... how long are you going to be laid up. I'm game for it, just give me a date/time and mapquest coordinates. Maybe start a new thread for it.